16 gauge reloaders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 9/16"?

Precision Reloading did carry them.

I have an old Pacific 16 ga loader, but load 2 3/4" only. MEC and Pacific will adjust to load 2 9/16".

Granddad bought a Winchester M12 16ga that was chambered 2 9/16". When shells standardized to 2 3/4", he had the chamber cut.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing I think you’ll want to consider is these old shotguns with short chambers were also designed for ammunition with a roll crimp and not a star crimp like modern ammo. When that crimp opens up you’re adding what, another 1/2” to the shell’s length??
I have an old German combo gun from 1891 and for the 16 gauge barrel I bought brass shells and made my own hand tools for reloading Black Powder. Works great although not exactly ideal for high volume production. 😉

ShooterStud11

Marksman
Reaction score
I have an old 1925 FN SxS that’s in 16ga but chambers are 2 9/16”. Im trying to locate shells in that length, but I think rechambering may be the best long term option. From my research, getting my hands on shells could be challenging.

Latest posts

Top Bottom