• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

17 Mach 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How many rounds in a case. 10 boxes of 50 in a brick? 10 bricks in a case? 5000 rounds in a case I have part of the 4th case left. That is through two guns. No you can't have my left overs.

I was shooting gophers in Montana 50 to 100 rounds a day or so, 3-5 day a week early not so many days early by May-June, early July. Those years I was a widower, I had nothing much else to do. I ran a spread sheet for a couple years on they hits. These guns always ran in the high 70, low 80 percentiles for . Take long range shots lowered the average-but you had to try. :)

The two guns a pair of BSA Francotte Martini's got wiped down every day. At the start of the day I would set up a 50 yard target and check the scope. These were truck guns in the purest sense, The never left the truck for 6 or 7 months. Gophers are shot from the front seat the truck. When, during the day it seemed the guns wouldn't shoot accurately anymore, I would run a bore snake down the bore a couple of times, then resume shooting. It took a couple shots for the gun to settle back in after that, but it always did. Here is a link to the project build in 2004. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/britishmilitariaforums/bsa-1215-project-gun-t2558.html

Some where along the line I converted a couple of those BSA's to 17HMR and stopped shooting the 17HM2. I don't think I have shot them in 4 or 5 years.

I need to take them out the gun club and run 25 targets and see if they still shoot. That should be interesting.

Sorry I have drifted this topic badly. (tossing the old man telling war stories card on the table)

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I’m thinking the CZ may be the route for me, utilizing dual barrels, as opposed to another savage. The savage needs a new stock at the least; the plastic pop bottle that they send out with the rifle is a sad excuse coming from a professional firearms company. Do the CZ’s take any head spacing at all or do they just thread in?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I’m thinking the CZ may be the route for me, utilizing dual barrels, as opposed to another savage. The savage needs a new stock at the least; the plastic pop bottle that they send out with the rifle is a sad excuse coming from a professional firearms company. Do the CZ’s take any head spacing at all or do they just thread in?
Unless you buy a Lilja barrel no head spacing is needed. You can hot swap barrel mid day through the hunt if you wish. I literally did this the other day when I needed more range to get after squirrels. Where are you located? You’re more than welcome to put your filthy hands on my 457 if you would like.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Unless you buy a Lilja barrel no head spacing is needed. You can hot swap barrel mid day through the hunt if you wish. I literally did this the other day when I needed more range to get after squirrels. Where are you located? You’re more than welcome to put your filthy hands on my 457 if you would like.
Yeah Roy... come on by someday! I'm in the same zip code and I'd also like to fiddle lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom