1911 .22 conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty kick ass - when I had trouble buying my AA kit, I called Marvel's number on their site and they were backed up for like 6 months or better.

I may have to go out and buy another 1911 just because of this...

Come shoot mine first before you buy one... you'll feel better about it. I was a little uneasy about it at first, because I've heard so much about feed issues with most conversions.

Bottom line, it's hands down better than the Kimber and Ciener.

Here is what REALLY made the decision for me. I looked around for a long time trying to decide which one I wanted, and which would be the best. Everybody raved about the accuracy of the Marvels, but the only downfall is they don't have the last shot hold open.

I called around to several conversion manufactures, including Advantage, Kimber and Marvel. I found the customer service at advantage to be... okay, Kimber did not answer and did not call me back after I left a message.

Marvel on the other hand, I called them and somebody rang my doorbell. There might have been 2-3 rings before I hung up to answer the door. Afterwards, I got occupied in something else and forgot all about it. About an hour later, I got a phone call from Marvel saying that they noticed they missed a call from me. I was duley impressed... the fact that I didn't even have to leave a message and they took the time to contact me. Sure, they were probably trying to make a sale... but it really made me feel comfortable doing business with them.

I have read numerous other testimonies backing up their customer service... I'll try to dig up an old thread.

Stan

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just talked to kimber factory about 22 conversion, it only works with the 45 frame not the 9, so im out of luck......... but i lov my kimber.........

This is because of the feed ramp.

You can't use most conversions on a gun cut for a barrel with an integrated feed ramp.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
STI has one as well. I think it was designed by Marvel. It holds open after the last shot. Mine works best with Mini-mags and is accurate.

That's a rebadged Marvel... and it should not hold open on the last shot.

Buying directly from Marvel is probably the fastest, and certainly the cheapest way.

All of the companies that offer the Marvel unit just put their name on it... they do not manufacture them, and they don't alter them in any way... but they raise the price about 10%.

I'm tellin' you, you won't be disappointed with the Marvel.

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a rebadged Marvel... and it should not hold open on the last shot.

Maybe it should not but it does.:wink2:

"STI international, Inc has joined with Bob Marvel to bring you the finest .22 conversion kits available anywhere. With these conversion kits, you can easily swap out your top end to go from one caliber to another- it’s like getting a second pistol for less than half the price. This will allow shooters to increase their trigger time while decreasing the cost of good training.

The improved Bob Marvel design locks the barrel in place for improved reliability and accuracy. The conversion kit may be purchased for either the 1911 (single stack) platform or the world famous 2011 (double stack) platform. The kit comes complete with adjustable sights,lock back on last round (single stack)",

Latest posts

Top Bottom