1911 .22 conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Kimber 1911 with my tax return and am getting the .22 conversion. Do any of the other 1911 makers offer a .22 conversion kit for their guns? If so, which manufacturer one and how much? I like the Kimber but would like to explore other options but the .22 conversion is a must so Isaiah can shoot it. Thanks
Don

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had put a lot of faith into the Advantage Arms kit (based on my good experience with their Glock kit) until I went to get one and they had pulled every kit from the shelves to re-design them. I don't know what came out of that, but before they redesigned them, there were apparently a lot of fitting and function issues. That sucks because their kit was one of the few that locked the slide back on the last round.

From what I've heard, the Kart and the Marvel are the two best kits, but good luck trying to find either.

I don't know much about the Schwartz trigger-safety that Kimber uses, but you might take that into consideration when looking at getting a .22 kit for it.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.marvelprecision.com/unit1.php

The unit one is $430. The unit two, which I have is $330. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a great product.

In fact, I ordered it on a Wed and got it on Friday. They were very kind and a pleasure to deal with.

You're welcome to shoot mine anytime.

I got the Gov. round top... I'm not in to the fancy stuff. Mine looks just like a regular 1911... and it shoots GREAT.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.marvelprecision.com/unit1.php

The unit one is $430. The unit two, which I have is $330. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a great product.

In fact, I ordered it on a Wed and got it on Friday. They were very kind and a pleasure to deal with.

You're welcome to shoot mine anytime.

I got the Gov. round top... I'm not in to the fancy stuff. Mine looks just like a regular 1911... and it shoots GREAT.

That's pretty kick ass - when I had trouble buying my AA kit, I called Marvel's number on their site and they were backed up for like 6 months or better.

I may have to go out and buy another 1911 just because of this...

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might take a look at Chiappa's 1911-22.

It's not Kimber quality, but they sell for less than the conversion kits for other 1911s.

I've only heard good things about it. I plan to pick one up within the next few months.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gary at randgfirearms.com has a Colt that was customized by Wilson for $599. I have been doing business for about 30 years. Great guy to deal with and if he tells you something about a gun, you need to check no further.

Latest posts

Top Bottom