1911 pistols you would NEVER buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I smell a RAT. Why didn't you send it in. It has a lifetime warrenty, and they use Wolf springs, What did you replace them with. Sights fall off, it happens so what's the real issue with the Rock.

Other than the Barrel bursting on the first one. The real issue I have with the rock 1911 is when I pay for a pistol I expect it to work and to be sound. I have had other RI firearms in the past and they have all been ok. But when I have to keep sending something I paid good money for back to the maker for repairs time and time again it isn't worth keeping. Lifetime Warranty or not. Not for a type of pistol that I have used for over 20+ years both in and out of in the service, and yes there were some real lemons there too. As for the whole RAT thing I could really care less

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have repeatedly heard the Llama is only a POS because it isnt compatable with 1911 parts...what all doesnt fit?

Most llamas work just fine as a casual shooter
there is about 3 different models of the llama 45

#1. made from 1960's to 1990's (most encountered) has high polish blue and shiney wood grips, Hinged trigger -- NO 1911 parts will interchange.

#2. came out in late 80's early 90's flat finish -plastic grips
some parts like grips and mags would interchange.

#3. came out mid 90's was supposed to be 100% compatible
have seen very few floating around

They also made a double stack to compete with the Para.

Duck Shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let's see here. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Cadilac, Lincoln- anyone have any problems with these? My point, everybody has had a bad one or knew someone that has had one. The good thing is you live in a great country that doesn't limit you to just one. I love America and my Springfields and my Kimber,etc.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If Kimber got rid of their FPS, and lowered most of their guns prices they wouldn't be SO bad. However, as of right now they are extremely overpriced. If you pay $1000-1200 for a gun, it should have better fitting and little to no MIM.

What GMT said. I like mine, have had some FTEject and FTFeed issues, and it eats recoil springs for breakfast lunch and dinner. But mine is a 4" barrel, have no experience with their 5" models. Had to get new mags, the ones with it when I got it (used) were junk, and wouldn't hardly make it through a mag without jamming. BUT, when she runs, she runs great! At 5 yards, will literally put a mag through the same hole, at 10 a ragged hole can consistently be shot.

I want another 1911, but I want a 5" barrel. Also want a bushing barrel, no front serrations, no ambi safety, and fixed sights.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well here's my two cents on this. My SA1911A1USGI runs like a champ, yet if I'm going to grab any of my 45's to bet my life on it will be my SW 4566. I'll put her up against any .45acp pistol out there as far as combat accuracy an reliability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom