2009 Poker Shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its that time again! SMF Solutions 2nd annual Poker shoot match to benefit the Friends of the NRA is set for Sept. 19 at 10:00 a.m. We expect a great turn out for this years event. If you missed it last year then you missed an awesome time. This year we are giving away at least 6 guns for the event. Entry for the event is as follows:

Pre registration for adults $25.00
Registration on match day $30.00
Youth under 16 $10.00

Yes we have a youth match where the kids use .22 rifles instead of pistols for the match. All competitors must use iron sights and we will be shooting at a distance of approx. 21 feet. The prizes are as follows:

1st place.....Glock 19
2nd place....Taurus 24/7
3rd place.....Taurus model 85

We will have a raffle for a Springfield XD 45 acp which anyone can purchase a chance for $5.00. We will also be drawing for a Beretta pistol that all shooters registered will be eligible for. The kids grand prize is a Ruger 10/22. There may be more guns to come we will have to see. We will have drawings throughout the day for prizes from our store, Springfield Armory, Glock, and Taurus. Don't miss this exciting day of fun. Remember its for a good cause, all match proceeds are donated to the Friends of the NRA. Check our web site for more information and a match poster.

milsurpman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe it's basically like this. A large stationary target with a deck of cards printed on it is set up. You are given a poker hand, such as a straight, a pair, flush, etc. You then proceed to shoot at the "cards" that make up the hand. Some one can correct me if I'm wrong.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it's basically like this. A large stationary target with a deck of cards printed on it is set up. You are given a poker hand, such as a straight, a pair, flush, etc. You then proceed to shoot at the "cards" that make up the hand. Some one can correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right.

It's a lot of fun. I went last year and had a great time.
Didn't win a damn thing...but it was nice to see how the other half lives. :hithead:

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are right.

It's a lot of fun. I went last year and had a great time.
Didn't win a damn thing...but it was nice to see how the other half lives. :hithead:

Sorry you didn't win. Hopefully you will take something home this year, we have alot of stuff from Springfirled, Taurus and Glock.

The match is timed and is just as stated a target with a deck of cards on it and we will tell you the hand to shoot, distance is 21 feet, use any handgun you want as long as it has iron sights. Everyone will start from ready gun. The fastest time for the day wins. We will shoot at least 3 strings and average the strings together.

We are looking for a larger crowd this year and more fun then ever. We have a new concession stand at the range and are working with a local radio station for a live remote. So, there will be music, ALOT of prizes and many laughs.

Don't everyone get top caught up on the competition part, this is a fun time to raise money for the NRA, we just are gonna give prizes to the winners.

Remember, BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom