2012 Trail cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems a little early but i saw a group of 5 bucks all together, but after watching for a while i saw two of them sparring and it looked to be a little rough already. One buck almost had the other pinned on the ground.

Actually when I was planting wheat last weekend, I went by a tree row that has always been a place where I could see scrapes.
Sure enough, I saw a big one with a licking stick, etc.

That being said, the young bucks are typically the ones that get an early start, and I don't think it means a whole lot. Rut in Okla is typically the 2nd and 3rd week in Nov.
Kind of like the young human bucks that hang out at the bar on weekends......LOL!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually it is about on schedule to see the scrapes appearing under the tree limbs. I,typically, see them appearing around October 1st each year. I will start checking my trees and see if any are there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i was out at cleo springs this weekend painting box blinds on a friends farm. we saw lots of evidence of sparring in the freshly turned dirt. have not seen any scrapes or rubs yet though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen one rub, and a false scrape. There was a tree overhanging a wheat field, and the deer had made a licking stick and scraped the ground. Its early for serious scrapes though. I couldn't see or smell where he had pee'd.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled a camera card last night, had these two pics of a pretty nice buck. I really like the double throat patch.

i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac353_CESooner_3bucks.jpg

i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac353_CESooner_2patchbuck.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom