2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone who got to hunt this year succeed or fail. Some really fine trophies in this thread that wouldn't have been seen 15 years ago. "Hunters in the know let young bucks grow."
That is a true statement.
I shot my holiday doe this morning and I thank God for her. I'm dehydrating her and mailing her to Texas. Merry Christmas.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone who got to hunt this year succeed or fail. Some really fine trophies in this thread that wouldn't have been seen 15 years ago. "Hunters in the know let young bucks grow."
That is a true statement.
I shot my holiday doe this morning and I thank God for her. I'm dehydrating her and mailing her to Texas. Merry Christmas.

Congrats on the Holiday doe!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a holiday doe yesterday evening, killed her in the food plot (buckforage oats) that I worked my tail off putting in at the end of the summer. The deer were piling into those oats yesterday evening, the ice and cold weather hasn't seemed to affect the oats at all, I will plant them again. This doe was the largest in a group, she fell where she stood. More tasty venison for the freezer.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis, yes they are looking alot better, still some areas where I obviously did not get good seed coverage, have to figure out a better way to do that. They are all nipped off so I guess the deer really like them, we have several large wheat fields around the farm, they seem to hit the plots first on the way to the wheat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom