2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure which way to think up here. I've seen mature enough bucks after doe......................and I've seen several doe with fawn still and eating together in larger groups as well.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
had a VERY nice deer around all sunday afternoon according to the camera. he would leave for a while then come back in from a different direction. he did this over and over, got pics of him coming from every direction. looks like he was presiding over his kingdom. my son has the card so maybe i can post pics later.
that being said. before we knew the big deer was in there, my son shot an 8 that was hanging out in the same area with another 8. they rubbed on the same trees,licked the same branches,etc. neither had big necks and the deer my son shot was just getting some color on his tarsals.
can't figger this year out! i guess, just be in the stand as much as you can.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled a card on another place today and had some pics from a good one last Wednesday. Hunted this morning and not near the activity of last week. No bucks running all over. Saw some groups of does today with no bucks pestering them. I am thinking the hot does are locked down with the bucks?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I observed a really nice buck bumping a doe tonight totally oblivious to me sitting in the feed truck while glassing another buck feeding. She came out 110 yds from the truck and he was right on her tail. They fed and milled around for about 20 mins and when she wandered off he was in hot pursuit. I have several cameras in the area and no Picts of him. May have to change my strategy for Saturday.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched 7 does and fawns eating peacefully yesterday about 40 yards from two decent(not shooter) bucks who seemed to be oblivious to the does and to the fact that the two of them were in competition for the affection of the ladies. I would've sworn Friday and Saturday we were pretty much getting in the thick of it. Now not so much. Frustrating as it can be when trying to figure these suckers out, I must admit that I love the way they keep us guessing.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rut is over. There is no use in rifle hunters even going out now. They are already back to summer patterns, I have even seen some bucks that have shed their antlers, does already having fawns, the season is over. Just start duck hunting. This wildlife report has been brought to you by Jim Beam, and lots of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom