2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff, you're why I'm now sitting in a stand with 3 hours to hunt ;)

Yea me too, way to go Jeff....I got to my farm around 3:30, Rare east wind perfect for a stand I've been wanting to get in, jump out of truck, grab bow and hustle to stand, get ready to hook up to lifeline and climb up....Crap! In my rush I forgot the one thing I will not climb into a stand without anymore, my harness....I am pissed.... Decide to walk back and get it, not a short walk, close to 3/4 of a mile, get harness, hike back, finally get in stand after 4:30, hunts over before it began, sit till dark, nothing, nada, zip, busted 2 deer on the way back in on 2nd trip, 2 or 3 on the way back out. Lol should have stayed at work.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea me too, way to go Jeff.... In my rush I forgot the one thing I will not climb into a stand without anymore, my harness... finally get in stand after 4:30, hunts over before it began, sit till dark, nothing, nada, zip, busted 2 deer on the way back in on 2nd trip, 2 or 3 on the way back out. Lol should have stayed at work.

Damn it sticky. I applaud you though for going back and getting the harness on. I'd have done the same.

I didn't see any deer in the 2.5 hours o was in stand. Saw one on the side of the road on my way out though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea me too, way to go Jeff....I got to my farm around 3:30, Rare east wind perfect for a stand I've been wanting to get in, jump out of truck, grab bow and hustle to stand, get ready to hook up to lifeline and climb up....Crap! In my rush I forgot the one thing I will not climb into a stand without anymore, my harness....I am pissed.... Decide to walk back and get it, not a short walk, close to 3/4 of a mile, get harness, hike back, finally get in stand after 4:30, hunts over before it began, sit till dark, nothing, nada, zip, busted 2 deer on the way back in on 2nd trip, 2 or 3 on the way back out. Lol should have stayed at work.

Another congrats for getting the harness.

Here is a tip. Don't walk all the way to the stand without your quiver.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Killed this one running does yesterday. He came by me 3 times before I got a shot. I was on the ground in my ghillie and the shot was about 10 yards. The slick trick did the job and he died in sight. I am officially tagged out on bucks. Time to sleep in a bit and then start to spend some quality woods time with my boy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom