2016 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of year agin. Five dollars is a hell of a bargain for all the hunts you can apply for. Especially since I just paid Colorado a small fortune.

Check the dates on your selected choices please !!! Guys not showing up for the antelope and elk hunts (hell any of them really) is bs. I understand sometimes things happen out of our control but damn.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160406_f27955c4d2633af7dda94453d1172042.jpg

I put in for my usual. 6 points and most likely won't draw jack. Good luck everyone !

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, here we go again.....another season highly anticipating an elk hunt draw, and on the final draw, curling up in the fetal position in the corner because I didn't get drawn again. Its a ritual.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I screwed around last year and forgot to put in, got to get it done this year, got drawn for a ML hunt at Sandy Sanders two years ago but literally got the phone call on evening of first day that one of my good friends from SE OK had died (44 years young). When I checked out with rangers I told them I wouldn't return for second day, felt bad but my "want to" was gone after that call...

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I applied. Noticed a drop in the number of available deer hunts, but none jumped out at me. I applied for close by hunts except for the Wichita mountains.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im not sure at least with the youth hunts if your applying for gun hunts, or muzzleloader.. i dont see it says, unless you know what the codes mean.

You can go to their website for a listing of gun/muzzleloader/archery hunts. The list is under step 5 of the controlled hunt process.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two things. Noticed they now have a preference point look up now! Type in your info and you can see how many points you have for each species. That is nice. If they had this before I have never noticed it.

Secondly, I wish there was a preference point only option. Some years I don't want to get draw for a certain species but don't want to lose out on my point, so I put in for the slimmest chance possible hunt and hope I don't pull it!! Just did that with turkey, I don't want to get draw for next spring, but I want my point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom