2022 Waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In yall’s past experience, how is duck hunting in the weather conditions like the one that we are getting tomorrow? Freezing cold and windy tomorrow, possibly snow too.
Cold windy and sunny is good.

Cold windy cloudy is ok.

Cold windy and snow has never been good for me.

Cold and foggy is good.

Extreme winds if field hunting, don't waste your time no matter what the other conditions are.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see a single duck or goose, and Clyde managed to get into a fight with his first barbed wire fence. No damage that I can find though.
Was there even any water? I'm telling you Grant, Garfield, Alfalfa and Major counties are the waterfowl Bermuda Triangle this year.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was there even any water? I'm telling you Grant, Garfield, Alfalfa and Major counties are the waterfowl Bermuda Triangle this year.
Turkey creek had about 3 foot of water in it, and the largest pond/hole they have out there had what looked to be 6” or less. It was frozen and you could see mud sticking out of the “water” where someone or something had walked across.

Was my first time out there. I imagine if it had water the area would be an absolute goldmine for waterfowl. Seems to be about par for the state though. Deep fork and okmulgee wmas are about dry too, all the wetland areas are bone dry.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried for a few hours today. Started out by heading out to some ponds, but I didn’t see anything. I then decided to take the boat out on the lake and headed up to a couple spots where creeks dump into the lake. About halfway across the lake, I couldn’t feel my fingers, and I remembered why I quit duck hunting on the lake several years ago. I saw a few ducks but never took a shot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Pretty pathetic...
Screenshot_20221222-111237_Facebook.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom