2022 Waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats Coach!
I've never shot a pintail either, the only duck I haven't taken yet that's actually available in Oklahoma. No seaducks, ruddy, or cinnamon teal either but I'm not counting those lol.
Most of my old spots were tons of gads, mallards, and ringnecks. This year our new place was full of widgeon and redheads. I took a really nicely colored fat redhead to Warbird taxidermy in Piedmont.

Never shot a specklebelly goose either.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Went just for the sake of going this morning, saw very few. The way this season has gone, feels like we hit the jackpot lol.

20230108_084234.jpg

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My place has the potential for good duck hunting. Doubtful I’ll ever buy an out of state license to do so though. This spot looks to have promise; saw some ducks here during deer rifle season. At least there is plenty of water for deer and hogs.

Attachments

• D823992B-DBA7-480D-B6AD-364B1C96CCFA.jpeg
    D823992B-DBA7-480D-B6AD-364B1C96CCFA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My place has the potential for good duck hunting. Doubtful I’ll ever buy an out of state license to do so though. This spot looks to have promise; saw some ducks here during deer rifle season. At least there is plenty of water for deer and hogs.
That’s a great looking spot.
I have been buying the licenses and stamps to duck hunt for many years, and a few weeks ago was the first time I’ve hunted ducks since probably 2005 or so. As I said in an earlier post, I got invited to duck hunt with friends yesterday, but I declined and will the next time the guy asks too. I’m not a “duck hunter”, but I really enjoyed and took pride in doing it on my own place. My feelings about fishing are the same. I’m not going out of my way to load up and drive to a lake to fish, but I love to fish the river on my place.
I don’t know you but would encourage you to give fishing and duck hunting a try on your place. I bet you’ll feel differently about it afterwards.
I appreciate @Deer Slayer for encouraging me to start fishing and hunting morels a few years ago, because they’re now activities I enjoy and look forward to. :thumb:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Send me a GPS pin and I'll let you know if there's anything on your pond :laugh6:.

That would be a great place for cellular game cam, still along way from AZ to Oklahoma for a duck though even if were covered with birds lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom