2022 Waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just recently killed and ate my first duck.... and goose. the duck cooked like a steak was pretty good if you like filet... the goose cooked the same way was.....not so good.
So i ground up the rest of the goose, and it didnt look very tasty either.

ive always assumed goose was better than duck, but not even close

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Next time you folks kill a duck, pluck the breast, filet out the breasts and grill immediately with just salt and pepper and cook it grill it just like a steak med rare. Flip it half way through. The skin makes all the difference. They sell duck fat in stores to cook with for a reason. :)

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time you folks kill a duck, pluck the breast, filet out the breasts and grill immediately with just salt and pepper and cook it grill it just like a steak med rare. Flip it half way through. The skin makes all the difference. They sell duck fat in stores to cook with for a reason. :)
that is exactly what i did with the duck and it was tasty.. but the goose didn't turn out.. was like an old cow.. but i didnt pluck it just fillet it with no skin.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this morning I went duck hunting and my stupid safety wouldn't turn off fire. I tried and tried and it would just not budge on my Mossy 940 Waterfowl. Luckily I took my back up Savage and finished the morning after it stuck.

Went home and could not get it to move so I gave up and went to the gunsmith. He went in the back and came back in about 15 seconds and said the aftermarket safety I put on a few months ago was just loose. Gosh did I feel like a total idiot. Thank goodness he didn't charge me for being stupid.

Moral of the story is, always take a back up gun with you to the blind. Also, don't be an idiot and learn how to tighten a bolt.

Three more days fellas, get at them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this morning I went duck hunting and my stupid safety wouldn't turn off fire. I tried and tried and it would just not budge on my Mossy 940 Waterfowl. Luckily I took my back up Savage and finished the morning after it stuck.

Went home and could not get it to move so I gave up and went to the gunsmith. He went in the back and came back in about 15 seconds and said the aftermarket safety I put on a few months ago was just loose. Gosh did I feel like a total idiot. Thank goodness he didn't charge me for being stupid.

Moral of the story is, always take a back up gun with you to the blind. Also, don't be an idiot and learn how to tighten a bolt.

Three more days fellas, get at them.
I‘ve been shooting a Benelli for 30 years and never needed a back up…just saying.:lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom