2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I probably screwed up. I’ve mentioned before that I let a couple local guys hunt coyotes on my place. One of the guys texted me a little while ago asking if he could hunt tomorrow, and without really thinking, I said yes. I always say yes, but neither guy has ever asked to hunt during deer season.
As sucky as this season has been, I seriously doubt a coyote hunter is going to make it any worse, but I ended up texting back and asked the guy to only hunt on the north side of the river.
How bad of a precedent do y’all think I just set? :anyone:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I probably screwed up. I’ve mentioned before that I let a couple local guys hunt coyotes on my place. One of the guys texted me a little while ago asking if he could hunt tomorrow, and without really thinking, I said yes. I always say yes, but neither guy has ever asked to hunt during deer season.
As sucky as this season has been, I seriously doubt a coyote hunter is going to make it any worse, but I ended up texting back and asked the guy to only hunt on the north side of the river.
Oops lol. Even a really good trapper can only make a temporary or seasonal dent in a coyote population.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He probably just happy to have a place to smack a few during deer season. If he is a decent dude it probably won't be a problem.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He probably just happy to have a place to smack a few during deer season. If he is a decent dude it probably won't be a problem.
The guy hunts the place north of me, so he’s got a place to hunt. We’re probably even “sharing“ coyotes.
I’m probably overthinking this, but the last time I tried to be a nice guy and let a neighbor who’s an outfitter take clients on the river to duck hunt when all other water was frozen he took advantage of the situation.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully, it’ll be ok. Based on my experience, people will surprise you in a good way at times, but a lot of folks will try to take advantage of a given situation.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oops lol. Even a really good trapper can only make a temporary or seasonal dent in a coyote population.
The ranch directly to the west of me used a guy for a couple of years that plants the cyanide bombs. There was always pretty good pile of dead coyotes that he hauled off, but they are just as thick today as they were before the cyanide was used. They are worse than rabbits in regards to reproduction.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The ranch directly to the west of me used a guy for a couple of years that plants the cyanide bombs. There was always pretty good pile of dead coyotes that he hauled off, but they are just as thick today as they were before the cyanide was used. They are worse than rabbits in regards to reproduction.
Yes, seems like there's always two to replace the ones I trap. About 2am this morning my wife let the dogs out to take a leak. There were 8 coyotes in the yard with her and the dogs within a couple minutes. They weren't scared of her at all. She came in and got me, and we went back out. Was able to get one and a half of them lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom