2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck yeah!!! Pass on my congrats to the young lady! :thumb:

I’m putting together a turkey/smooth bore slug shotgun and have been looking for slugs like that to reload, and the only ones I’ve found have a 5-6 month wait list.
She has been reading these posts and grinning from ear to ear, and said to tell you guys thank you!

Are you interested in some of my slugs? I think I have around 75-100 that are loaded, but no bare slugs. My daughter's have claimed what I have cast.

I'll check on the weight of the slugs I have cast if you are interested.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She has been reading these posts and grinning from ear to ear, and said to tell you guys thank you!

Are you interested in some of my slugs? I think I have around 75-100 that are loaded, but no bare slugs. My daughter's have claimed what I have cast.

I'll check on the weight of the slugs I have cast if you are interested.
Is the mold available online or proprietary? I cast sinkers for fishing, so have all the setup.
Also have a couple of molds for MZ I need to get out and research. One round and one conical.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SXS smooth bore shotgun I started to develop a forester slug for but never went forward with the project. I like the sabot concept.
If retrieverman is not interested in these slugs, you are second on the list if you are interested.

If you guys can come up with some scrap lead, I will cast a hundred slugs for each of you if you are interested, then you can load them how you like them.

I have 4 different weights of these slugs, so you can pick whatever weight you want.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the mold available online or proprietary? I cast sinkers for fishing, so have all the setup.
Also have a couple of molds for MZ I need to get out and research. One round and one conical.
The mold is available online and you can cast 4 different weights slugs with one mold.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We may have overlapped in posts. Is the mold propriety
The mold is available online and you can cast 4 different weights slugs with one mold.
Awesome. I have a couple sheets of shower basin lead that are probably 75 lbs each.
Gave another one away to an OSA member that does a lot of casting a couple of years ago, so lead isn't an issue.
Mine is a muzzle loader, so can't use the loaded shot shell. The size might be a no bueno, so I'll have to do some research.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One mold.

&

4 inserts.

7/8 oz.

1 oz.

1 1/8 oz.

1 1/4 oz

IMG_20230830_140135189.jpg

IMG_20230830_135759052~2.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If retrieverman is not interested in these slugs, you are second on the list if you are interested.

If you guys can come up with some scrap lead, I will cast a hundred slugs for each of you if you are interested, then you can load them how you like them.

I have 4 different weights of these slugs, so you can pick whatever weight you want.
I’m interested. PM me how much you want for the loaded slugs. I’ve never gotten into casting, but that seems like another rabbit I probably need to chase.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had low expectations when I walked out at 4:30am and it was light out... like usual I was wrong. I've had a pile of bucks come by, one great buck but I'm afraid the Ole Barnett couldn't lob one out to 150. Few does but they were on the wrong side of the creek and I'm too lazy to drag them down through it and back up this side.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom