2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the blind Friday about 1:30. Immediately saw 3 does and a buck feeding on the neighbors wheat. Around 4:00 they started working my way across the wheat field.
They crossed and came to the feeder.
I was shooting the .243 WSSM with 55 grain Noslers suppressed. At the shot (20 sec mark), she mule kicks walks about 30-40 yards and keels over. The buck raised his head at the shot and then went back to feeding. At the end of the video he runs off into the woods when a doe flags and spooks. It’s not in the video but he came back with another buck 30 seconds later.

Easy load with the ATV winch.

View attachment IMG_2506.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I discovered the secret to deer hunting from a stand or blind this year. Friday evening I sat very vigilant for 3 hours. Decided to play some solitaire on my phone. About 10 minutes later I hear some leaf rustle…..a parade of about 6 does coming down the hill abut 40 yards to my right. They spotted me as I was raising my gun. Good thing as I hate night time deer processing. Next morning at sunrise I’m there again. Nothing for about 45 min when I decide to play some solitaire again. After about 10 minutes I glanced up to see a doe standing broadside about 30 yards in front of me. How she got there without making a sound I’ll never know. That’s the doe I harvested. Never go hunting without your solitaire app.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I discovered the secret to deer hunting from a stand or blind this year. Friday evening I sat very vigilant for 3 hours. Decided to play some solitaire on my phone. About 10 minutes later I hear some leaf rustle…..a parade of about 6 does coming down the hill abut 40 yards to my right. They spotted me as I was raising my gun. Good thing as I hate night time deer processing. Next morning at sunrise I’m there again. Nothing for about 45 min when I decide to play some solitaire again. After about 10 minutes I glanced up to see a doe standing broadside about 30 yards in front of me. How she got there without making a sound I’ll never know. That’s the doe I harvested. Never go hunting without your solitaire app.
Same principle applies to doves and ducks lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom