2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son got a doe this morning. Forgot to get a pic of him with it, got in a hurry before we dropped it at processor. Second pic is for the "target" bullets won't kill an animal crowd. 123 gr ELDM out of a 6.5x55, shot was 125-150 yds, quartering shot, went in dead center near shoulder and exited behind far shoulder. Grass and bushes PAINTED red in spots, if she hadn't been spooked already when he shot she probably would not have made it the 75-100 yards she did run.
image000000.jpg
20231203_104102.jpg

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big shoutout to @OKRuss for setting my son and I up with a fun hunt this morning! He got us into the deer and we filled an antlerless tag. This was my sons first deer hunt.

My inexperienced eyes and over eager excitement resulted in me accidentally shooting a very small/young stub buck that I thought was a doe… oops. Russ was kind enough not to give me much hell about it haha! The meat will be tender though. Thanks again Russ!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big shoutout to @OKRuss for setting my son and I up with a fun hunt this morning! He got us into the deer and we filled an antlerless tag. This was my sons first deer hunt.

My inexperienced eyes and over eager excitement resulted in me accidentally shooting a very small/young stub buck that I thought was a doe… oops. Russ was kind enough not to give me much hell about it haha! The meat will be tender though. Thanks again Russ!
Had a good time! Next year we'll let your son shoot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom