2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going out for a day trip this weekend to make sure feeders are still going and change SD cards. Haven't been seeing much on our cell cameras so hope this cooler weather will get them stirred up a little. Need to setup 1 ground blind and change batteries on 2 cell cameras.

How has nobody killed one yet?
Because season doesn't start until 10/1??

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First morning of TX deer season was a bust. I haven’t been seeing any decent bucks, but I went anyway to try to kill a pig with one of the Chinese broadheads but didn’t even see one of them. Three coons came in, and after watching them for about 5 minutes, I decided to try for a double. Two lined up, and I shot and could tell instantly that I screwed up. I attempted to shoot the nearest one longways and didn’t get a complete pass through, AND I evidently hit bone and broke a $10 bolt.🤬
On a positive note, the Chinese head is completely undamaged and still shoots great.

The spot I’m set up is absolutely overrun with squirrels. I’ve never seen this many except in a town park, so at some point, I’m going to bring a 22 and try to thin the herd. I haven’t had squirrel dumplings since my maternal grandmother died.
IMG_1258.jpeg

IMG_1259.jpeg

Reaction score
First morning of TX deer season was a bust. I haven’t been seeing any decent bucks, but I went anyway to try to kill a pig with one of the Chinese broadheads but didn’t even see one of them. Three coons came in, and after watching them for about 5 minutes, I decided to try for a double. Two lined up, and I shot and could tell instantly that I screwed up. I attempted to shoot the nearest one longways and didn’t get a complete pass through, AND I evidently hit bone and broke a $10 bolt.🤬
On a positive note, the Chinese head is completely undamaged and still shoots great.

The spot I’m set up is absolutely overrun with squirrels. I’ve never seen this many except in a town park, so at some point, I’m going to bring a 22 and try to thin the herd. I haven’t had squirrel dumplings since my maternal grandmother died.
View attachment 514940
View attachment 514938
I can’t wait to get in the woods.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The spot I’m set up is absolutely overrun with squirrels. I’ve never seen this many except in a town park, so at some point, I’m going to bring a 22 and try to thin the herd.
I went hog hunting last night and noticed the same thing. I bet I saw 15-20 in the three hours I was in my ladder stand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom