A Review of the S&W Model 681

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpeg
    IMG_0782.jpeg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    2.4 MB

mtngunr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s mine.
We are the two standing members of The Smith & Wesson Distinguished Service Magnum Mutual Admiration Society, TSAWDSMMAS for easy to recall acronym, and since you started the thread, you can be The Prez For Life, and I shall be The Veep, you getting 2/3rds membership dues, and me getting 1/3 if we ever get any other members stupid...err, enthused, enough to pay dues.

I had wiped mine down while cleaning, but last time took a non-scratching brass toothbrush (not all are non-scratching, I have found) and went over the gun with solvent, and was amazed at what lifted off/out of surface, a fine collection of old sweat, dried lube/cleaners in fine scratches/pores and likely haze of super thin oxidation....I know the photos taken do not show much difference, but it went from hazed dull stainless to appearing a bright used nickel look in person, and was most pleased. I admire the utility of adjustable sights, but have always admired the smoothback looks, snag-free draw, and ruggedness of fixed sights from the SAA on forward, and the later S&W fixed sights among the very best in visibility and snag-free, the L-frame the Medium Heavy Duty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom