2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest son is on the board. This is his first archery buck. Dandy buck for his first with a bow
IMG_1895.jpeg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this weekend's hunt is already having "issues". Last night I was out shooting my bow like I've been doing over the last month - few days a week. Shot a great 3 arrow grouping at 25 yards(see first pic)! Texted my buddy who is part owner of our property. He said I'm dead on and to leave it. Well, I had to shoot a couple more just for my sanity and to help with muscle retention on my draw arm/shoulder. First shot was a 8 - pulled it just a little. Second shot.....BLAM! Felt something hit my face and my arrow fell to the side. WTF? The string jumped the top cam and luckily went to the inside and the axle stopped it from coming off entirely(second pic). Now to see if I can find a shop with a replacement string/cable AND install before Friday! H&H said 2-3 weeks.

1727878343646.jpeg

1727878391800.jpeg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a few years ago, arrowhead archery in del city changed a string and bus cable for me in about 15 minutes. and i dont remember the price, but it felt reasonable. Id call Choctaw Archery and Okie-land Bowhunters next. Id have to be pretty hard up to let either of them work on my stuff, but cabelas or basspro might be able to help you too

Gunblinder

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, this weekend's hunt is already having "issues". Last night I was out shooting my bow like I've been doing over the last month - few days a week. Shot a great 3 arrow grouping at 25 yards(see first pic)! Texted my buddy who is part owner of our property. He said I'm dead on and to leave it. Well, I had to shoot a couple more just for my sanity and to help with muscle retention on my draw arm/shoulder. First shot was a 8 - pulled it just a little. Second shot.....BLAM! Felt something hit my face and my arrow fell to the side. WTF? The string jumped the top cam and luckily went to the inside and the axle stopped it from coming off entirely(second pic). Now to see if I can find a shop with a replacement string/cable AND install before Friday! H&H said 2-3 weeks.

View attachment 516051
View attachment 516052

Give Dirt Rhoads outdoors in Blanchard, maybe they can get it done faster

Latest posts

Top Bottom