22LR for carry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas.

The P22 is all the lady has, no funds for anything else. Add into that her hands are a mess and this is what she has to use.

She is a very good shot and if needed any shots will be sent at the throat/very top of the chest area. It will be one of the up close and personal things. A shot a bit high or low will still work, any that hit to the side will at least make a mark.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
20161022_094152.jpg
1800 fps out of what length barrel?

Not sure, just going by what the box said.
I was actually off by 50fps, going off memory.
It's 1850fps, but only a 21 grain bullet so not a lot of mass behind it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those velocities are from a rifle barrel. I chronied some .22 WMR from a 2" derringer. 1140fps was all the velocity it would make. .22lr mini mags managed 950 fps.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best recommendation that I've heard for choosing 22lr for defensive is to choose a match quality solid projectile. It's still less expensive than premium personal defense ammunition and it's held to higher quality control standards. I've had at fairly high failure to fire rate with some recently purchased CCI Mini-Mags.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best recommendation that I've heard for choosing 22lr for defensive is to choose a match quality solid projectile. It's still less expensive than premium personal defense ammunition and it's held to higher quality control standards. I've had at fairly high failure to fire rate with some recently purchased CCI Mini-Mags.
Its probably your gun that is having the issue. I and others shoot thousands of CCI mini mags annually at matches every other weekend with out a single dud. Remington is the worst. Federal is pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom