29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is that 29% of all voters couldn't find their own ass with both hands, a road map, a compass, a flashlight, and a seeing-eye dawg, but then again I'm thought to be rather opinionated by the woman of the house.

usmcvet9803

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "revolution" will have to be in the ballot box.

Revolution is never conducted in a ballot box..that is called complying with the current system and is the exact opposite of revolution. That being said, I understand everyone wanting to "temper" their statements. After all Big Brother is watching.. I advocate a peaceful resolution and would only take up arms and risk my life and the lives of the ones I love, if given no other choice..

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;Uopmr4sBNM4]http://youtu.be/Uopmr4sBNM4[/video]

So ... how many military people do you think will actually attack Americans on American soil, especially in support of an action that arguably violates the Constitution that they took an oath to "support and defend"?

Enlisted said:
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Officer said:
"I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Funny thing that enlisted guys say they'll "obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me", but the officers don't say anything about obeying the orders of the President ... so when the enlisted guy hears "the president ordered" but his chain of command says something else ... which does he do? Maybe the one he agrees the most with? Personal conscience? What everyone else is doing?

Just random thoughts...

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;Uopmr4sBNM4]http://youtu.be/Uopmr4sBNM4[/video]

So ... how many military people do you think will actually attack Americans on American soil, especially in support of an action that arguably violates the Constitution that they took an oath to "support and defend"?

Funny thing that enlisted guys say they'll "obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me", but the officers don't say anything about obeying the orders of the President ... so when the enlisted guy hears "the president ordered" but his chain of command says something else ... which does he do? Maybe the one he agrees the most with? Personal conscience? What everyone else is doing?

Just random thoughts...

I see revolution as less likely and something more like the civil war where entire state governments rebel as more likely. And in that case, if it comes to fighting I think many in the military will defect to support their state and/or the side they agree with politically. That would likely put more of the military in the hands of the red states than the blue. I still don't see any of that happening soon, but as states continue to defy the federal government and it's over reach it becomes more likely (and Obama is doing his damnedest to speed things up).

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see revolution as less likely and something more like the civil war where entire state governments rebel as more likely. And in that case, if it comes to fighting I think many in the military will defect to support their state and/or the side they agree with politically. That would likely put more of the military in the hands of the red states than the blue. I still don't see any of that happening soon, but as states continue to defy the federal government and it's over reach it becomes more likely (and Obama is doing his damnedest to speed things up).
Yes, that does seem more probable - I just have to wonder, though - as the military has shrunk active duty forces and increased reliance on reserves and national guard it might make for an even more interesting scenario than it was some years ago, especially as regards the current administration's ability to "federalize" state troops and whether (or how) they'd respond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom