29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that does seem more probable - I just have to wonder, though - as the military has shrunk active duty forces and increased reliance on reserves and national guard it might make for an even more interesting scenario than it was some years ago, especially as regards the current administration's ability to "federalize" state troops and whether (or how) they'd respond.

I don't think they would go. I think it would be more interesting to speculate on how well the DHS will stick together. While we are downsizing the military the DHS is growing and becoming more militarized in the process.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think we are going to get back to where we were through the voting box, who knows where we would end up if our people decided to revolt, but we do know where we are heading if those people don't. When I talk to people who I consider level headed, they're not Fox News watchers, or even gun owners, and they tell me about their concerns for our countries future and they echo much of what is said on this board, then I become really concerned. The other side is not playing by the rules, meaning the U.S. Constitution. When we have politicians standing up and advocating laws that are in direct violation to the U.S. Constitution, and their sorry butts are not thrown out on the spot, we have a problem. When we have muddied the waters so much we need so many controversial laws to be fought in the Supreme Court, we have a problem.

I can tell you, I would hate to see America in a revolution, but I would also hate to live in a country where I felt like I was a prisoner and had to live in fear of my government. I guess those before us should have done their part. Oh, hold on, I hear a knock at the door...

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ... how many military people do you think will actually attack Americans on American soil, especially in support of an action that arguably violates the Constitution that they took an oath to "support and defend"?

I don't think you have anything to worry about in our lifetime. :)

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are fatter and lazier than ever before. Why in the world would a society that has seen spoiltness that none others have in existence of man want to revolt? They wouldn't, its all tough big man talk from whiney azz babies.

pass the gravey...

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they would go. I think it would be more interesting to speculate on how well the DHS will stick together. While we are downsizing the military the DHS is growing and becoming more militarized in the process.
That's a good question too - shame when you have to fear the minions of a legal system that purportedly exists to "protect" you because of its top leadership's misguided interpretation of what it means to "protect".

Had a thought this morning ... CBO needs to look at the real cost to consumers of "government mandated" regulations and protections - of all kinds, from 5mph auto bumpers to catalytic converters to motorcycle helmets ... then if congress wants to increase taxes, they have to offset the cost of the tax increases through elimination of unnecessary/marginally helpful regulations that have the effect of increasing consumer costs on a dollar for dollar basis. The government gets more money, businesses get healthier, and consumers break even.

Or not. (shrug)

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't believe I just read this entire thread.

At one point I was inspired to put down my cookie and get on the excersize bike............but alas, I read another post and finished my cookie, thoughts of heroic daring-do but a distant memory.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ain't no Coca Cola, Micky D's, or play station up in the hills. But hey, if you're unlucky enough to be taken alive, you might be able to by a Coke at the commissary. On the other hand, you may be declared an enemy combatant and sent out for rendition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom