30-30 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use PPU out of my Marlin 336C and I hit my target at 100 yards easy. I'm only using iron sights though so I'm not as tight grouped as I'd like or could be. If it's just plinking you want, PPU is good stuff for the low price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right theres no comparison to anything else 30-30ish. Thats why I was looking at it because the bc was hi and designed to be used at lower velocities than say a 308 or 300WM. My blackout does not put out the velocity numbers those guns do and I need it to retain some velocity out to 200-300 yards in order to function on animals.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right theres no comparison to anything else 30-30ish. Thats why I was looking at it because the bc was hi and designed to be used at lower velocities than say a 308 or 300WM. My blackout does not put out the velocity numbers those guns do and I need it to retain some velocity out to 200-300 yards in order to function on animals.
30-30 doesn't beat many regarding external ballistics, but it is better than 300 Blackout at all ranges. Fun stuff!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better in regards to external ballistics? Probably so. I cant remember 30-30 numbers right off the top of my head. But I think their comparable.
Yeah, very similar out to 100 yards, and 30-30 has an edge at distance (as weird as that sounds!). -- if I remember correctly

Latest posts

Top Bottom