30-30 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used .30-30 rifles a lot over the years and just love lever rifles. I also love accurate bolt rifles. My experience with .30-30 has been almost entirely with handloads, but I've also had much love for the original Winchester Silvertip factory ammo. It shoots well for me in .30-30 and was a beast in my old Winchester .348 rifle. My friends that use .30-30 for deer hunting usually use Winchester or Federal; basically whatever WM has in stock. I'm seeing a short sample now, though, because most of my friends that hunted with .30-30 'back in the day' are shooting .243 now.

:homer:

Cedar Creek

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used .30-30 rifles a lot over the years and just love lever rifles. I also love accurate bolt rifles. My experience with .30-30 has been almost entirely with handloads, but I've also had much love for the original Winchester Silvertip factory ammo. It shoots well for me in .30-30 and was a beast in my old Winchester .348 rifle. My friends that use .30-30 for deer hunting usually use Winchester or Federal; basically whatever WM has in stock. I'm seeing a short sample now, though, because most of my friends that hunted with .30-30 'back in the day' are shooting .243 now.

:homer:

Cedar Creek
I had a large stock of the original Silvertips that's slowly dwindled over the years. Had I known they stopped making it, I would have saved a lot of it. On top of being impressively accurate for a factory load, my personal experience is that it worked great on deer. I hope the new bullet design is as effective as the old one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom