300 blackout vs 7.62-39?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oklahomabassin,I have no intention of getting a suppressor,where I hunt shots could be from point blank to maybe 60 yards because it is so thick.I have been charged twice in the last 15 years of hunting them,an adrenaline rush that I would rather avoid,but still fun! I woul like to take a hog everytime I go,the rancher lets me deer hunt his property on the condition I shoot every hog and coyote I see, so I try to do both for him year round,thank you everybody for your input,love the OSA

Ah, no suppression and subsonic negates the advantages of the 300 Blackout.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well then, if this is going to be your excuse to buy a .300 Blk, then by all means do it! Same for a 7.62x39.

But if you're looking of a .30cal that will give you fast follow up shot capability, then a .30-30 lever should do the trick for a lot less $$$. Especially if you're not going to SBR/Suppress it.

.300 Blackout's benefit, to me at least, is threefold:
1) Suppresses effectively (only valid with a suppressor)
2) Designed to run in a short barrel (only meaningful as an SBR; a pistol AR for hunting?)
3) Platform commonality to AR-15

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well then, if this is going to be your excuse to buy a .300 Blk, then by all means do it! Same for a 7.62x39.

But if you're looking of a .30cal that will give you fast follow up shot capability, then a .30-30 lever should do the trick for a lot less $$$. Especially if you're not going to SBR/Suppress it.

.300 Blackout's benefit, to me at least, is threefold:
1) Suppresses effectively (only valid with a suppressor)
2) Designed to run in a short barrel (only meaningful as an SBR; a pistol AR for hunting?)
3) Platform commonality to AR-15

The 7.62x39 ballistically is almost identical to a 30-30 and you hold and have faster follow up and more rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom