300 whisper/Blackout bolt action suppressed hunting rifle for Nov1st 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the only "honest" accuracy testing I've seen so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdp8PKL0nM
Looks like a 3" round.
Of course there are lots of internet ninjas shooting SUB-MOA ALL DAY ....

The wind was moving that target around a ton. That is a terrible indicator of what that guys setup is capable of. Though I will admit, it is honest.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the sub sonic version of the round is best suited for a closer range. Here is a guy's 50 yard paper, with 16" and a can:

xa.yimg.com_kq_groups_21302330_sn_700609990_name_target.jpg

Here is another guy's, shooting 220s @ 100 yards. I do not know the barrel length, if it was suppressed or not, or the time between shots. He did say it was his best group, with most being 1 to 2 inches:

i630.photobucket.com_albums_uu22_benlineberry_300blackoutgroup1.jpg

The 300 BLK is appealing to me for what it is in a supersonic round. I have no suppressor (yet). I like the fact that in makes my AR able the shoot something biggerer, but still use all the same parts less the barrel. If I ever do end up with a can, I will probably not ever bother with subsonic anyway. Just something to take the edge off.

I like your rifle, Dubs. It's neato!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And to add, I love the rifle too. I think it will make a fantastic deer gun. I just don't think it will be a one hole wonder bench gun shooting subs.

Here's a chart I made a while back for the .300blk loads I'd work with.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Reloading_ed74051c.png

And the heavies do pretty good in the wind surprisingly. The light bullets do better for drop, but suck it up hard core in the wind.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Reloading_e49a8222.png

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Reloading_643bb97a.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom