300 whisper/Blackout bolt action suppressed hunting rifle for Nov1st 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL yes, it is an expensive bullet but for hunting deer it does not phase me in the least to pay $2.00 a round. hmmmm what is good .308 or .300 magnum hunting ammo cost????? about $2.00-$2.50 I am not going to be plinking with the lehigh bullets. Also I can rebarrel that gun for about $200-300 and do it myself. sell the barrel and bolt and go with an SA cartridge I want. that is the nice thing about the savage actions.

Funny you brought that up - I just loaded some "test" ammo for a friend with 10BA in 300WM - I was pretty b!tchy droping 70+ grains of powder per round; topped with 178gn Hornady match - still comes out to less than $0.75 loaded.

As far as versatility of Savage - you are preaching to a choir ;)

I seriously doubt the G1 BC is really .638.
Why not? Berger hybrids are up there as well. Plus, that BC makes no difference subsonic - still 30" of drop at 200 with 100 yard zero.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because it would be pretty impressive for a company to start making gimmick bullets that have a BC comparable to the best there is. And the bullets are lighter. But you're right, it doesn't matter going that slow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom