380 Kahr ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were going to spend that much money on that small of gun I'd upsize a little and go with the PM9. But I've heard nothing but good things about the P380.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is like deja vu all over again

Bottom line up front: The P380 is a great little gun you can't go wrong with.

Pro's:
- Small enough to fit in your pocket.
- Usable sights (and night sights available from Kahr)
- Extremely accurate
- Very manageable recoil and follow up shots
- Slide locks back after last round

Con's:
- Kahr's can be finicky during break-in
- Thumb can accidentally lock slide back during firing
- A little pricey

The comparisons will inevitably come up. I have a P380 and a PM9. I used to have an LCP.

P380 vs PM9 (assuming you can only have one!)
Unless you have a "generous" waist size, the PM9 is just a bit too big for pocket carry. The PM9 obviously offers more bullet in only a slightly larger package. LINK to size comparison If you're going to carry IWB, the PM9 is probably a better choice although it's more expensive.

P380 vs LCP
Size-wise, they're a wash Link to size comparison with P3AT. You can lock the slide back on the LCP, but it doesn't lock back automatically after the last shot. The Kahr does. The P380 has better sights, and you can add night sights. The Kahr has a better trigger, in that it's wider and doesn't pinch your finger like the LCP can. They're both DAO with a long pull. The frame design and stippling make the Kahr easier to hold on to for follow up shots. I had to adjust my grip after each round with the LCP. The LCP's frame pins have a tendancy to work their way out about 1/8" an inch. Don't think they would come completely out, but it's disconcerting that you have to push them back in place. Some will say they're just "belly guns", but I disagree with that. I can hit a clay target at 25 yards with the Kahr. It would take a lot of practice to do that with an LCP using the iron sights (and I'd recommend the Crimson Trace for the LCP).

If you can spend the extra, I think the P380 is better than the LCP... granted that the extra is almost the cost of a 2nd LCP. Unless you're set on pocket carry, I think the PM9 offers more gun for the money, and I would still check out a PM9 and see how it rides in your pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom