4473's and ID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My knickers will never be in a knot on here. :)

It works just fine according to the agent in my interview. I feel more comfortable with a DL and if you can provide that it makes it easier on me. If you want to show how cool you are and give me you CHL instead then I can show how cool I am and see you later. :P I wouldn't turn you away because of the CHL, but you'd need a good reason to not show me your DL. I do everything on a case by case basis. If I think you're being a jerk, then you'll get treated as such. I'm a pretty reasonable guy by nature.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. That answer of Dealer Discretion makes sense to me. Just was curious if there was anything deeper in the ATF guidelines (which we know they seem to make up on the fly, then back pedal, then amend, then make up some more).

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got no problem with it. I would just rather do a DL. It's just different from the norm, and makes room for me to possibly screw up and miss somthing. And I don't need any trouble on my next audit.

I will and have taken them, I would just rather have a DL.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OP was wondering if the OK State photo ID would work.

Would the OK photo ID for a carry concealed weapon license be an acceptable form of ID for a 4473? After all it is government issued, it has a picture and one's address on it. Considering that it is issued by a law enforcement agency and the checks one must go thru to get it it seems as if it should be acceptable.

Next time I buy a new gun I'm gonna give it a shot. But until then one wonders if anyone has ever tried using it for a 4473 and what your experience was like?
QUOTE]

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OP was wondering if the OK State photo ID would work.

Would the OK photo ID for a carry concealed weapon license be an acceptable form of ID for a 4473? After all it is government issued, it has a picture and one's address on it. Considering that it is issued by a law enforcement agency and the checks one must go thru to get it it seems as if it should be acceptable.

Next time I buy a new gun I'm gonna give it a shot. But until then one wonders if anyone has ever tried using it for a 4473 and what your experience was like?
QUOTE]

Don't take things out of context. He did say "for a carry concealed weapon license", not just a plain ol' state issued ID.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We prefer to use an Oklahoma State issued ID or Driver License, but the Conceal Carry License is acceptable. The only requirement is that it must be a Oklahoma issued photo ID with your current address.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only requirement is that it must be a Oklahoma issued photo ID with your current address.

I don't beleive it must be an Oklahoma issued ID. We occasionally see an out of state DL with an Oklahoma address.

To the OPs question. We take concealed weapon licenses as ID all the time. In defense of other dealers, it does open up an opportunity to make a mistake on the 4473 if they would misidentify the issuer of the ID.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only requirement is that it must be a Oklahoma issued photo ID with your current address.
The idea is to not only prove who you are but that you're a resident.It also has to match your 4473 address.

True if it's the only form of ID. Mine doesn't have my current address, but I have updated w/ DPS and bring my tag renewal as additional ID.

Works every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom