.458 socom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you thought about the 50 beowulf? It's got the 'grin factor' you are after, but not so obscure that it's hard to find. shooting factory ammo isn't quite as expensive as factory socom, more readily available comparatively speaking and would get you up and running until you learn to reload. Johhny is right, time to pick that skill up man!

Then again, that .458 is sure to get attention at the range, if that's what you're after.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've looked into the Beowulf, but it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason like the SOCOM does :wink2:

I agree.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_1541693751_photobucket_70614_.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
325gr Hornady FTX, since the tip is forgiving, I was able to get away with not crimping and seating out where it should be. Can't remember the price of bullets, Hornady site says $40/box of 50, if you can find brass looks like around $1 a piece. Looks like $2ish around? It was all A LOT cheaper years ago when I bought my brass.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$2 a round with fresh brass? Jeepers! I'd be down on my hands and knees, hunting up each and every case flung by my AR, and crying if I can't find one. I need to think on this idea some more.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
$2 a round with fresh brass? Jeepers! I'd be down on my hands and knees, hunting up each and every case flung by my AR, and crying if I can't find one. I need to think on this idea some more.

A Rock River upper threw my brass 3' at 4 o'clock. I never lost one, no big deal. Fully auto, run and gun might be different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom