6.5 Grendel barrel group buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I assumed you couldn't get them, but before I saw this thread the other day I about ordered one and it didn't say anything about backorder or being out of stock??? On the AA site I don't see where they are out...maybe I'm blind, lol.

So what's you guys plan for a build?

I'm thinking the mega lower and upper, bcm bolt carrier, magpul prs or ctr stock, larue 11" rail, tango down grip, rra 2 stage trigger lower kit...I may be missing something...

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man I wish I had a fortune to spend...I'd like a nightforce, but I'll probably go with a nikon buckmaster or monarch with mil-dot. What would you recommend I don't know a lot about tactial/long range optics. I just have a leupold on my deer rifle...

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading on this caliber I really would like to get in on it. So is Adams Arms the people we are thinking of going with? I would like a 16" or 18" with their upper receiver already installed or provided--there would not be any doubt if it is in spec.

I have a money pit 5.56mm rifle built up with a Sun Devil lower, Magpul M93B stock, etc. I am thinking that the upper would just be swapped when needed. As to optics I like te Nikon Buckmaster mil-dot, or something on that line since it will be more of a hunting rifle. Of course I would like DD lite hgs, Larue SPR mt, and some kind of iron BUIS.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man I wish I had a fortune to spend...I'd like a nightforce, but I'll probably go with a nikon buckmaster or monarch with mil-dot. What would you recommend I don't know a lot about tactial/long range optics. I just have a leupold on my deer rifle...
My 6.5 will wear a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 with duplex reticle. It will be a hunting rifle so I have no need for a bad ass mil-dot scope.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point there 264Magnum. I have a Leupy 2.5-10x50mm on my 30-06 Spr. that could be pulled nad used. But then I would have to get another scope for that rifle. Hmm, duplex will do what I need for hunting and the occasional plinking. The only thing that would be nice with the mil-dot would be varmint but the bullet drop on the Grendel is pretty easy to remember.

One thing, for hg's what are you guys thinking. Is the brl nut larger than a standard 5.56mm or can regular 5.56mm railed hgs be used? I vote for threaded now too. They have flash hiders for around 10-15 bucks IIRC.

I think this might just be the best Oklahoma/TX hunting set-up.

BTW, put me on the list mr YG!

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing, for hg's what are you guys thinking. Is the brl nut larger than a standard 5.56mm or can regular 5.56mm railed hgs be used? I vote for threaded now too. They have flash hiders for around 10-15 bucks IIRC.
A basic free float tube with a bipod stuck on it will be my set up. To my knowledge they use the same hand guard as a 5.56 AR. They certainly should, anyway, its the same case as 7.62x39 and it uses the same hand guard.