7-Eleven owners play classical, opera to shoo away the homeless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Moving” the problem is hardly a solution, and calling an entire genre of music “annoying” in the process isn’t helpful either.

Opera is an expression of our shared human emotions, of listening beyond words to build empathy and emotional intelligence. It strikes an emotional chord- that’s why people find it hard to listen to; it’s a reality check on your own emotional intelligence and empathy.

7-Eleven’s promotion of opera as “annoying” and the study referenced which doesn’t exist (in fact the opposite is true that listening to opera and classical music has many positive effects on mental health and physiology and is an integral part of music therapy programs particularly for the elderly and dementia patients) actually damages the reputation of the Opera industry and the millions around the world who not just enjoy it but earn their livelihoods as vocalists and musicians.

In fact, the world needs more opera. It needs more tools in general that build empathy and emotional intelligence. More time-outs to appreciate Culture, heritage, and artistry that demands commitment, dedication and a pursuit of excellence; instead of cookie-cutter insta-celebrities whose talent doesn’t extend beyond the end of their arm at their mobile phone. As is obvious with 7-Eleven, maybe communities need more spaces to share our humanity in a positive way and less places for a pack of smokes and a Slurpee?

So, how did a random person in Massachusetts happen to find a thread with a news article on opera music on a firearms forum in Oklahoma?

We've already had a random Florida dude find an obscure forum thread and then come and call us all racists. I hope you don't take it as far as calling us a bunch of non-artistic rubes.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere in CA they looped 'Baby Shark' overnight to prevent homeless from sleeping by their businesses. That'd get me long before classical.
Just the thought of that stupid song baby shark would get me going full speed the other way. When visiting my sister and nephews the baby channel garbage can have me going up a wall like the exorcist.

No baby gah gah goo goo baby shark BS

Bob White

Marksman
Reaction score
The Okc mayor and city council don't appear to give the homeless problem the attention it deserves. Maybe if the transients were urinating and defecating in there neighborhoods something would get done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom