Downtown Tulsa business owners negatively impacted by area "homeless"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing new as the homeless have been a problem in Tulsa at various times for years. The oil crash in the late 1970s/1980s it was bad. They rounded them up, put them in jumpsuits and put them to work cleaning up the city. That caused them to move on but that won't happen this time.

I remember in the 70's it being so bad in downtown Tulsa after 6pm that people were afraid to go downtown.

Yep.

Tulsa's downtown has gotten considerably better than it was in the 90s to say the very least. I go to Sisserous probably once a week, which is sandwiched between the Coney Islander and the Mexicali. Never had any issues. Now if you head due west.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legalizing pot something I agree with, but I identify as a Libertarian. Its no worse than cigarettes and far less deadly than alcohol. I don't ever remember seeing someone high on weed that wants to fight.

Bull Hocky! Put a bag of cheeto's on a table around a bunch of pot smokers and there WILL be a fight! :laugh6:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the late 1970's Tulsa contracted with a company to pick up the homeless and put them to work. There was a vagrancy law and they could do this. We used to see them in their jumpsuits picking up trash on Riverside Drive. They got a place to sleep and meals but most of them just left Tulsa.
Perfect solution. Put the ones with signs that will work for food to work and see how many will refuse.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay a question for the brain trust here... with all of the hand washing, personal distancing and mask wearing “or we are going to get sick and die” why has the homeless population Increased? I would have thought COVID-19 would have wiped them out.

From my limited experience with the homeless they have essentially no sanitation practices, they live in tents with other like minded individuals, And I have never seen a homeless person with a mask on. So my limited reasoning ability says either their immune systems just that much better than the average citizen, Or the Covid thing less deadly than we are being told. What am I missing ? Any other explanations?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay a question for the brain trust here... with all of the hand washing, personal distancing and mask wearing “or we are going to get sick and die” why has the homeless population Increased? I would have thought COVID-19 would have wiped them out.

From my limited experience with the homeless they have essentially no sanitation practices, they live in tents with other like minded individuals, And I have never seen a homeless person with a mask on. So my limited reasoning ability says either their immune systems just that much better than the average citizen, Or the Covid thing less deadly than we are being told. What am I missing ? Any other explanations?
They're all wearing masks.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Super Simple! Living in filth raises your immune system and you don't get the covid.
Living in a sterilized environment lowers your immune system.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Super Simple! Living in filth raises your immune system and you don't get the covid.
Living in a sterilized environment lowers your immune system.

Or, the flip side is that addicts are so accustomed to feeling bad (malnourished, dehydrated, sleep deprived, always on the verge of withdrawals, etc), flu and flu like symptoms don't mean much. Ever seen a junkie? His nose is always running, regardless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom