86 chevy Suburban Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally found a warn bumper with brush guard in good shape.

10391403_919611751391640_3620995675037964750_n.jpg

1470112_919611794724969_6634296189527348864_n.jpg

1506616_919611861391629_4711237208414503502_n.jpg

Guy says the brackets are made to fit a 73-91 burban.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir I'm going to be picking it up on Monday. I need to sand it, fix any minor issues, weld 1/4" plate in it for a winch, prime it, and give it a fresh coat of paint.

Sweet! So a Winch is going to in order sometime as well?? There are some other makers out there giving Ramsey and Warn a run for their money on winches. One company that is giving them fits is Viper, they have come on strong. I have used them on three different Side by Sides and a half dozen ATV's and one guy I know bought a big one for his Jeep and has used the heck out of it. Superior Customer Service on anything as well, as they are noted for in the ATV world. So a guy might give a look at them. I am going to order a new 8k lb one to mount to a car hauler soon.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet! So a Winch is going to in order sometime as well?? There are some other makers out there giving Ramsey and Warn a run for their money on winches. One company that is giving them fits is Viper, they have come on strong. I have used them on three different Side by Sides and a half dozen ATV's and one guy I know bought a big one for his Jeep and has used the heck out of it. Superior Customer Service on anything as well, as they are noted for in the ATV world. So a guy might give a look at them. I am going to order a new 8k lb one to mount to a car hauler soon.

I have a few friends running engo winches and they love them. I can score a 12k engo for $325.00 OTD

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have a few friends who wheel ever chance they get and they are running an engo winch. I can score a 12k engo for $325.00 OTD and will most likely go that direction when I get the bumper all cleaned up and mounted up.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/129-1107-massive-multi-winch-shootout/#__federated=1

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read great reports about that brand as well. I really like the slide in carrier. Front and rear use is handy as hell. Had a old timer tell me years ago to make my jeep winch be able to pull from the rear as well, he said "you weren't stuck where you just came from and going back may be the only option" LOL! He made a lot of sense!

With my Ranch Hand up front with the built in receiver I am going to go that route, and have the jumper cable sets to use front or rear as well. I am always using the jumper cables and would like to use em in the rear as well to start tractors and such sitting on a trailer etc.

And I will weld a receiver to slide the winch cradle onto my car hauler to be able to pull cars and equipment up on it as well. Your costing me money now, getting me to get fired up on a new winch, which I have been putting off! LOL!

Wonder what a guy could get two of those Engo's for if we bought two at one time? I know a 12k would be more than I would ever need, if I get stuck at all there is always a Tractor around and I don't use my truck off road much at all, we have feed trucks for such.

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can,t tell you how much i have enjoyed this thread. Soooo much more enjoyable than the BS in some of the other threads...just saying. Thank you and please keep up the progress pictures!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can,t tell you how much i have enjoyed this thread. Soooo much more enjoyable than the BS in some of the other threads...just saying. Thank you and please keep up the progress pictures!

I have too! I like seeing projects others do, fabricating, welding and repairing such. Good Thread!

Latest posts

Top Bottom