1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

86 chevy Suburban Build

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by neginfluence04, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Shakel65

Shakel65 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here but 453hp out of a .030 over 350 is really pushing it. what heads are on it? Do you know the builder? If it does make that much power it's not going to behave that well driving around town. I have almost the same setup. .030 over 4 bolt main, dart pro 1 aluminum heads 2.02/1.60 with roller rockers, 650 double pump. Mine was built by Folks in Norman. It made 373 to the flywheel on Folks' dyno. Like I said, I'm not hating. Its awesome if it makes that kind of power.

2. gfercaks33

gfercaks33 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Have you thought about doing a6.0 ls swap?

3. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Sharpshooter

Honestly, Im not sure who originally built the engine and you're probably right on the numbers being fudged but its hard to argue with basically free. Once it gets Installed i plan to have the carb tuned and it dyno'd to see what it truly makes to all 4. In all honesty a fresh block with some work is way better than the current stock block with 147,000 miles or 247,000 miles. Id really like to add a small turbo and beef up the rear end and tranny

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  4. neginfluence04

Any pics of your build or videos of it running?

5. neginfluence04

I'd love to but I don't think I could afford it.

6. gfercaks33

gfercaks33 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The price for them is coming down, that's what I'm planning to do on my next build.

7. Shakel65

Shakel65 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have some pics, no videos. I have my dyno sheet somewhere. I'll look for it. Looks like we live in the same general area. You could come by and have a look.

8. neginfluence04

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/0812chp-chevy-355-small-block-engine-build/

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/67838-budget-vortec-head-cam-355-build/

I went to mike's machine shop where the engine was originally built and was told that the builds listed above closely mirrored my engine. I was informed that the engine actually made 457 hp at 6600 rpm and 436 lb ft of torque at 4400 rpm to the crank. That should equate to roughly 360-380HP to the wheels. The engine has 10:1 compression, polished vortex heads, a ton of other thongs i cant remember, and it was built to be sprayed on. Id prefer a small turbo over NOS but a lot would have to be changed in order to go that direction. The engine should be ready to be dropped in by this weekend but im not sure if i will have time ti get it installed.

My engine is almost identical to this one https://youtu.be/rQhqn9MJNyg or so i was told.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. neginfluence04

Here is what my poverty 355 build looks like. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. neginfluence04

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a rough idea as to what my built 355 engine looks like and has in it. The block and heads are black so ive decided to go ahead and paint the intake, headers, and pulleys black to match.