90 F150 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's really not. It's on plastic and hoses on top of the engine. It baked in I think. there isn't evidence of oil leaks or grease. My 90 has a lot of oil leaks though. Mainly valve cover. It may be from the type of gravel they put on some roads. The dust hardens when wet. Crushed limestone maybe?
It looks like that thing lived on a red dirt road most of it's life.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's really not. It's on plastic and hoses on top of the engine. It baked in I think. there isn't evidence of oil leaks or grease. My 90 has a lot of oil leaks though. Mainly valve cover. It may be from the type of gravel they put on some roads. The dust hardens when wet. Crushed limestone maybe?
hmm, could be that. Never heard of it before though.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like that thing lived on a red dirt road most of it's life.
I'm pretty sure it did. Never seen dust that thick. I did have a land cruiser once that was like that but not as bad and it lived on a long dirt road. The dirt was everywhere. Even behind interior panels.

It's also been sunk in the mud. Gotta do the under carriage next. It's caked in mud. No real frame rust though which is awesome.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it did. Never seen dust that thick. I did have a land cruiser once that was like that but not as bad and it lived on a long dirt road. The dirt was everywhere. Even behind interior panels.

It's also been sunk in the mud. Gotta do the under carriage next. It's caked in mud. No real frame rust though which is awesome.
cut your losses and upgrade to the 21st century you tight azz lol

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cut your losses and upgrade to the 21st century you tight azz lol
Man I think about it all the time. Just selling my old junk and getting something nice and new. Like a 2006.

I just look at the cost of newer trucks and the fact that I can fix these if need be makes them shine. Have about 2300 in this one so far. I'm guessing I'll have spent about 4k on it when it's a good daily driver. Hard to beat that for a 4x4.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I think about it all the time. Just selling my old junk and getting something nice and new. Like a 2006.

I just look at the cost of newer trucks and the fact that I can fix these if need be makes them shine. Have about 2300 in this one so far. I'm guessing I'll have spent about 4k on it when it's a good daily driver. Hard to beat that for a 4x4.
I have a 2014 King Ranch F-150 that I am thinking about selling to get a new Bronco. It could be yours for around $15k or so. 100,000 miles on it, runs like a top.
See, prices arent all that bad for a good well maintained pre owned vehicle.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 7 years of bad luck must be winding down. Went to start it. Took awhile. Then started up and runs smooth. Revs up and sounds great. Automatic shifts as smooth as butter. Pretty crazy for a truck that sat for seven years. The interior handle on driver's side doesn't work though. Thought I might be stuck in it. Haha

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2014 King Ranch F-150 that I am thinking about selling to get a new Bronco. It could be yours for around $15k or so. 100,000 miles on it, runs like a top.
See, prices arent all that bad for a good well maintained pre owned vehicle.
15k!? Who do you think I am, Elon musk? I might spend up to 7500 one day. But I'll just keep limping these suckers along for awhile I think. Especially since this is a man's truck and a 2014 Ford is for guys that have more money than sense. Probably wear shorts too.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
15k!? Who do you think I am, Elon musk? I might spend up to 7500 one day. But I'll just keep limping these suckers along for awhile I think. Especially since this is a man's truck and a 2014 Ford is for guys that have more money than sense. Probably wear shorts too.
My money and sense are equal. Money comes from having some sense LOL.
I dont wear shorts.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My 7 years of bad luck must be winding down. Went to start it. Took awhile. Then started up and runs smooth. Revs up and sounds great. Automatic shifts as smooth as butter. Pretty crazy for a truck that sat for seven years. The interior handle on driver's side doesn't work though. Thought I might be stuck in it. Haha
Very common for those to break. I bought the METAL repop handle and cables with latch. Getting the three rods for the lock, latch and handle all lined up and secured was a major PITA! Do you know a mechanic with small hands, patience and a good vulgar vocabulary? You’ll need all three.

Latest posts

Top Bottom