95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Better a paper towel than some hard to chase down issue! Even being as careful as I can every now and then I do some silly thing. One time I folded my hood because I had left a roll of tape on top and slammed the hood thinking the latch was just sticky. Even checked for obstructions and just didn't see it.
Did something similar with the power steering cap on my Camaro. Set it on top of the air cleaner with the pointed side up. Ruined an otherwise good hood.
I had pulled the pump and cleaned that tank out before I even pulled the truck off the trailer. It was literally the first thing I did to the truck.
My wife is a nurse and all she could say was ‘you should have counted your sponges’ in her typical smart alecky way.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Wife's SUV blew a rear main seal so I went to trailer it home and put a little oil in to make sure I had plenty while driving it up the ramp. Fast forward a little while and I cannot find the oil filler cap any where. before I drop the car at the mechanic I go buy a filler cap, slap it on and open the door and low and behold I have an oil flller cap in the door junk holder..... Now what idiot put that there and why?? Any body need a cheap oil filler cap LOL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did something similar with the power steering cap on my Camaro. Set it on top of the air cleaner with the pointed side up. Ruined an otherwise good hood.
I had pulled the pump and cleaned that tank out before I even pulled the truck off the trailer. It was literally the first thing I did to the truck.
My wife is a nurse and all she could say was ‘you should have counted your sponges’ in her typical smart alecky way.
A friend left a pointed object on the rear bumper of the F-150. Dropped the tailgate and poked a 3/4" hole in it.
When I first saw it, asked who shot at him as a joke. He told me the story, with me telling him to get some of those decals that look like bullet holes and stitch them up the tailgate. He did and it's awesome looking.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like a total idiot guys. I pulled the bed again because I thought the Chinesium pump was bad. So, I pulled the front pump and there was a paper towel in there!!!
Anyway, put the new pump in just because I had it and BOOM, 40 psi!
Starts right up, doesn’t stutter or hesitate. Really a joy to drive now.
I’ve always told the guys at work, if you can’t laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at anyone else.
Here’s my laughing moment…
Back in the 1980s I knew a professional mechanic that hopped up the engine in a customer's corvette. When it was all reinstalled and fired up, the engine had persistent oil pressure problems.
The pressure was fair, at the low end of desired, but would occasionally jump up 20 psi. No one had any idea what was going on.

After many hours of messing with it, he finally pulled the engine and the oil pan, thinking the oil pump was faulty, or the pickup tube was cracked.

He found a red shop rag had been left in the oil pan during engine assembly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom