9mm ar15?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrain08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about buying one of the ar15 pistols used and later converting it to a sbr with the tax stamp? I know the laws get a bit sticky when converting these things so I would have to look into that option. If I can get a couple toys sold I should be able to at least do a basic 9mm build. A friend of mine has the tools to assemble one so I can save that cost at least.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said plus mags and suppressor old timer. :D

Yeah, Trident w/ 3-lug + stamp and sales tax = about 900. I also have 3 other mounts for it.

Don't make an old man hobble over to spank your ass you whipper snapper......:loser:

I was trying to give the OP an idea of what he was looking at for the set up with the can :D

You are just jealous thinking that mine will be better than yours. And JoshL is right, I really don't want to think of what it is costing right now... :shocked:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did have a pistol lower that was used until the stamp came in... The SBR is vastly superior IMHO... I like them so much that I just got another one this week, booyah!!!

I also removed all of the extra stuff from both of these rifles. Lights, VFG's, and whatnot.... GONE!!! lol...
ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_Uploads_20via_20Pixelpipe_2009_11_29160347_1.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't make an old man hobble over to spank your ass you whipper snapper......:loser:

I was trying to give the OP an idea of what he was looking at for the set up with the can :D

You are just jealous thinking that mine will be better than yours. And JoshL is right, I really don't want to think of what it is costing right now... :shocked:

lolol!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

steve831

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to try out my 9mm AR, I'd be willing to meet you at the range sometime if you pay for the ammo. You can switch it to full auto if you want :)

Here's a pic of my shorty M4's. 9mm is the upside down one. The short barrel is definitely worth the $200 stamp.

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b340_steve831_sales_DSC00929.jpg

atrain08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I would definitely love to try a 9mm sbr out some time! I will send you a message next time I'm going to be the OKC area steve831. I go up there every couple of months buying car parts, or did anyway.

I'll probably start making out a parts list in the next couple weeks so I can start watching the gun shows and classifieds for some deals, because I cannot afford to spend $1500+ on one of these. Especially all at once. Once I get my list together I'll post it up here for you all to critique.

I have a question regarding the tax stamp for the SBR. Can I avoid paying the $200 fee until I have the thing assembled, or do I have to pay for it as soon as I buy the short barrel and other items? I just want to be legal with this but would rather put off the extra expenses until I am ready to hit the range.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you have a pistol lower you do not want a short barrel upper in your posession until you have your stamp. The BATFE calls that constructive intent to make a SBR without having the approved tax stamp.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to try out my 9mm AR, I'd be willing to meet you at the range sometime if you pay for the ammo. You can switch it to full auto if you want :)

Here's a pic of my shorty M4's. 9mm is the upside down one. The short barrel is definitely worth the $200 stamp.

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b340_steve831_sales_DSC00929.jpg

Steve, this setup is the hotness! Very nice...

Latest posts

Top Bottom