A car tire, on a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. Its a draw

Prophet, I don't think you can get those little stubby legs up over the seat on my bike. I have a nice little Honda trail 50 you can ride. ;) ;) :) :)

I am going out to get a whiff of Shawns barbeque. Yall have a good evening and a happy 4th

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your cupping on the stone is probably balance related. I and several riding buddies change and balance our own tires. Friend of mine had signifigant cupping issues and uneven tire wear on the last tire he had mounted before we bought the changer setup. The wheel was very difficult to balance. Turns out the shop did not know what they were doing that day the wheel itself has a lateral balance imperfection, we balanced it on the static balancer, he took it o have it confirmed on a digital where someone knew what they were doing.

With 140,000 miles on a goldwing in 5 years time from 94-99 I did seek alternatives to increase my MC tire mileage and tried a car tire. I went back to a MC tire. At the time the K2 elite was the king of heavy service bike tires.

OK I'm done with this because it seems everytime I have an opinion contrary to yours it turns into a peckering measuring match where everyone has to haul out their credentials. I'm just gonna disagree and move on. It's obvious you're the only expert on motorcycles on here.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your cupping on the stone is probably balance related. I and several riding buddies change and balance our own tires. Friend of mine had signifigant cupping issues and uneven tire wear on the last tire he had mounted before we bought the changer setup. The wheel was very difficult to balance. Turns out the shop did not know what they were doing that day the wheel itself has a lateral balance imperfection, we balanced it on the static balancer, he took it o have it confirmed on a digital where someone knew what they were doing.

With 140,000 miles on a goldwing in 5 years time from 94-99 I did seek alternatives to increase my MC tire mileage and tried a car tire. I went back to a MC tire. At the time the K2 elite was the king of heavy service bike tires.

OK I'm done with this because it seems everytime I have an opinion contrary to yours it turns into a peckering measuring match where everyone has to haul out their credentials. I'm just gonna disagree and move on. It's obvious you're the only expert on motorcycles on here.

I am actually going to try dynabeads. I have heard that they are the new kid on the block when it comes to balancing so we will see. Oh, and I never claimed to be an expert but thanks for the confidence in me. Geeze Prophet, I am beginning to sound like you. :rotflmao::woohoo1::rotflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom