A little CCW encounter with a happy ending.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better read that thread on copperheads!

Not near as scary as feeling something brush against your foot while sitting on the tailgate, only to look down to see a skunk slowly coming out from underneath the truck. That was work keeping calm until he got out to the road and out of range.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not near as scary as feeling something brush against your foot while sitting on the tailgate, only to look down to see a skunk slowly coming out from underneath the truck. That was work keeping calm until he got out to the road and out of range.

Haha! Yes!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really! You folks asking about the dew need to get outside more often. Most mornings this summer I've been outside before sunrise and there was dew, sometimes heavy enough that my shoes and socks were wet after walking across the yard, and I had to wait to mow the grass. This morning, I could easily see where my dogs had been by dint of their tracks through the dew.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really! You folks asking about the dew need to get outside more often. Most mornings this summer I've been outside before sunrise and there was dew, sometimes heavy enough that my shoes and socks were wet after walking across the yard, and I had to wait to mow the grass. This morning, I could easily see where my dogs had been by dint of their tracks through the dew.

There are people in this thread that flat out called the OP a liar.

I'm interested to see if there are apologies made if and when he posts a link.

No skin off my nose if there aren't, I'm just curious.

xtremepilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good response. In the law enforcement training I have received, they drilled in that a "good shoot" involved a threat having the ability, opportunity, and intent to cause life threatening harm to myself or my family. A lot of times one or two of the traits exist, and may be enough for a DA or jury to buy off on the shoot, but ala the Zimmerman trial recently, it will still be life-changing for the shooter, and never for the better.

Sparky2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good response. In the law enforcement training I have received, they drilled in that a "good shoot" involved a threat having the ability, opportunity, and intent to cause life threatening harm to myself or my family. A lot of times one or two of the traits exist, and may be enough for a DA or jury to buy off on the shoot, but ala the Zimmerman trial recently, it will still be life-changing for the shooter, and never for the better.
And that was exactly my point (not so well laid out mind you) before this turned into a weatherman witch hunt.

Ability? I thought so. A younger grown man in his early to mid 20's.... maybe a threat. May have a weapon.

Opportunity? Well, he is standing in my living room uninvited.

Intent? A guy busting in probably has something bad in mind.

Because of all that, I'd say my response was warranted. It was what I realized during the event that saved his bacon and surprised me (and prompted me to share the odd experience here).

As for a link... I'm not able to produce anything definitive. You'll just have to trust one of your fellow 2A proponents or cinch that tinfoil hat a bit tighter and have comfort in knowing that a possible untrue story would never get past you.

What I was able to find (for those that still care) was a name that rang a bell and it was listed with no address as proof. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I would have posted it anyway. I value my partial anonymity more than whatever e-respect bonus points I might have gained with it.

I learned something that morning and hopefully others will think about it to be more prepared than I was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom