A little CCW encounter with a happy ending.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremepilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope I did not come across as second guessing you. In my training, my use of deadly force is authorized and backed up by the government. The liability is off me if the above conditions are met, and in my training with laser guns and video simulations we had to make split second decisions if a person was disoriented/drunk or truly intending to harm us. Like your situation, if the person immediately responded to commands, we did not shoot. Like you said, and I agree....many of us have thought "if someone comes into my house uninvited, he won't walk out alive." But, once we take the time to analyze the situation we can refine our skills and judgement and adjust the response. Again...great judgement and outcome on your part.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes the ones that want to micro manage posts, need to keep their mouths shut until they know the full truth.

Its so sad to see the same ones doing it over and over.

Its the nature of this forum to be assholes sometimes.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy was "bought and paid for" as far as the law goes. You made an accurate assessment of the situation and spared his life, and spared yourself a lot of grief...We've had dew in my neck of the woods pretty regularly.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: A little CCW encounter with a happy ending.

I had one of those recently when dealing with a masseuse off Craigslist. It turned into an OC situation at some point though. ;)

But seriously, sounds like it was well handled. The OP probably saved himself a lot of PItA by not stacking on that last pound and a half.

Latest posts

Top Bottom