A quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it took 47 - 48 days from when paperwork was filed. Submitted on 10-17-2011 and picked up my Permit on 12-3 -2011.But that was Oklahoma County.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked mine up in Oklahoma County Jan 8th. I submitted the paperwork to the sheriffs office on Nov 19. You do the math.

One caution, when you receive your letter that you have been approved, don't jump in your pick'emum truck and head to your Sheriffs office in your county. Wait at least two (2) days, the license and the letter comes from OSBI and I was told they mail out on the same day. So in effect, the sheriffs office may not have your license in hand. Might save you a trip if you live a ways out. You can always call your sheriffs office too and verify they have it in their mitts.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked mine up in Oklahoma County Jan 8th. I submitted the paperwork to the sheriffs office on Nov 19. You do the math.

One caution, when you receive your letter that you have been approved, don't jump in your pick'emum truck and head to your Sheriffs office in your county. Wait at least two (2) days, the license and the letter comes from OSBI and I was told they mail out on the same day. So in effect, the sheriffs office may not have your license in hand. Might save you a trip if you live a ways out. You can always call your sheriffs office too and verify they have it in their mitts.
Got my letter on Dec 3rd and I called OCSO as soon as I opened the letter. The date on the paper as approved was Dec 2nd. I guess they mailed it out express LoL . But yeah good advice call before you go. I called and they said mine was in and when I got there they could not find it ( they were looking for it under my middle name ). I calmly told her my last name and she laughed because she knew she was looking under the wrong place. I joked they she was trying to change my name . We both had a good laugh over it. With that said be patient and polite they are just people too. Over all it was a great experience for me.

F

Fordman

The sherriff office in my county is in the same town i work in which is about 15 miles away so it isnt really a big deal to drive up there. I just know I am ready to get my permit in I have waited for this for a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom