Covid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of those of you who have had the current strain of Covid about how long does it drag on?
Mine lasted a full week where I felt like complete and utter crap. After that, I've still had problems with my energy levels. This has been since the last week of December. As an example of that, I went to bed early (for me) last night at about midnight. I wasn't able to crawl my butt out of bed until almost 10AM this morning. Luckily I work from home and have a lot of autonomy and no one noticed how late I got to moving.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7-8 days seems typical. Bad case can go 3-4 days longer. Mild case about 5 days.

Expect 5 days minimum and feeling like a truck hit you.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had mine week of Christmas. Wife caught it two days after me. Entirely different symptoms. I had crushing headache, stomach flu. Wife had trouble breathing and headache. My doctor prescribed paxlovid. We were 70% improved in 2-3 days. But we were weak and tired and I couldn't hardly eat lost 5 lbs. Next week didn't know we were sick. This wuhan virus hits everyone differently.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The weird thing about covid is there seems to be a very broad range of symptoms and severity.

But... I had it about a year and a half ago... if I remember correctly, I took a home test the day symptoms showed up, called my pcp and they called in a script for paxlovid, and the symptoms were gone by the fourth day. My case wasn't real severe, I had a low fever and just kind of felt sluggish for 2-3 days.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had about a year ago and didn’t realize it. Wouldn’t have known except my wife/nurse made me test.

This time I’ve tested negative twice. So whatever this hell is it apparently isn’t Covid. Unless I’ve test false negative twice which is statistically unlikely but possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom