a stop by H&H today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crappie josh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
so me and my 2 year old stopped by H&H today and just went in to look around and got to say there customer service has went way down to tubes. I asked one of the younger guys(that was standing behind the gunsmith counter) in there if they had a holster that was compatible wih my Kahr P9 and he said ya try one of the looper holsters and just pointed over in the general direction of the holsters well if anyone that's been in H&H before knows that they have a HUGE verity of looper holsters and so I found another employee and told him and he said wow and he ended up helping me instead.

on the other end of things I saw a man and woman that was buying a .50cal rifle and 2 mossberg 12 gauge with the saw grips complete with flashlights and lasers they were the zombie edition shotguns lol haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have to ask one of the sales guys walking the floor if you want actual help. The counter guys probably aren't supposed to leave their posts.

I was in there Wednesday eyeballing guns and was asked *KID YOU NOT* at least 10 times if I needed help.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, if you can find one of the floor guys/girls, which can be difficult sometimes, they will happily go out of their way to help you out. The counter people are kind of trapped there. As a general rule the customer service there has always been top notch. When it's busy you may have to wait awhile for a floor rep but that doesn't bother me.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve is a good guy to deal with at H&H. I'm kind of "meh...." with the others. If Steve isn't on the floor, I pretty much don't bother with any of the pistols. My biggest gripe is usually with the people back in the gunsmithing counter. Some of the biggest, non personable jerks I've ever dealt with. For the most part things are way better at H&H than what it used to be 3 - 4 years ago. Now I treat it like when I'm at the mall (which is almost never, unless I'm going to the Apple store.) I basically enter the store knowing before hand what I want, how much it will cost, and where to get it. Once I obtain said item, I promptly pay for it and leave. Usually, the only reason I set foot into H&H is when I'm at the range or enjoying an onion burger at the 4u cafe.

Despite my personal gripes with it, it is the only place I'll point new shooters to when purchasing their first gun. Although a little more expensive than other place, the fact that they can shoot their firearm at the range after purchasing it, plus the discount/free gunsmithing services for in-store purchased firearms, ect. make it worth it for new shooters. It's also very neutral in terms of staffing and decor, so it doesn't turn off the downtown folks I know who are usually turned off with gunshops that look like run down prison vaults with camo window curtains, stuffed animals everywhere and bubba running the counter, rofl.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Lonewolf worked the floor he was my GTG guy. Still wish I had gotten that M1A he showed me that one day many years ago. Will has helped a lot back then and as always Mike is there to help. Made a trip up there a few weeks ago, first time in many years.

crappie josh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
we got there around 10 or 11 and I seen one guy working the floor so maybe it was a little early for there to be a lot of sales men working but the young guy that I talk to first was walking around the isles when I started talking to him so oh well no big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went there for the first time last month to try out the range, and take a look around.

The people were friendly enough, but I doubt I would ever buy anything there, most items I looked at were way overpriced.

The range was ok, but very, very hot.

I can see where it would be nice to try out some of the gun rentals if you were unsure of what you wanted.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aestus said:
Steve is a good guy to deal with at H&H. I'm kind of "meh...." with the others. If Steve isn't on the floor, I pretty much don't bother with any of the pistols. My biggest gripe is usually with the people back in the gunsmithing counter. Some of the biggest, non personable jerks I've ever dealt with. For the most part things are way better at H&H than what it used to be 3 - 4 years ago. Now I treat it like when I'm at the mall (which is almost never, unless I'm going to the Apple store.) I basically enter the store knowing before hand what I want, how much it will cost, and where to get it. Once I obtain said item, I promptly pay for it and leave. Usually, the only reason I set foot into H&H is when I'm at the range or enjoying an onion burger at the 4u cafe.

Despite my personal gripes with it, it is the only place I'll point new shooters to when purchasing their first gun. Although a little more expensive than other place, the fact that they can shoot their firearm at the range after purchasing it, plus the discount/free gunsmithing services for in-store purchased firearms, ect. make it worth it for new shooters. It's also very neutral in terms of staffing and decor, so it doesn't turn off the downtown folks I know who are usually turned off with gunshops that look like run down prison vaults with camo window curtains, stuffed animals everywhere and bubba running the counter, rofl.

Steve is great to deal with. I have bought my last three from him.

Prices are a little high, I work 7-6 everyday, so I'm willing to pay about $20 more for the ability to go at 8pm and buy what I need.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there this afternoon, a little before closing time. And yeah, the prices may be a little bit high compared to the much smaller shops, but the overall selection of firearms and accessories is just fantastic. They carry a huge inventory, have numerous empolyees, a huge space to heat and cool, a range to police and maintain, and their hours of operation are convenient for the majority of customers, and they close something like 3 days a year--in short, the overhead must be tremendous, so it is to be expected that the prices would be a bit higher than the smaller shops with much lower overhead (and much less inventory and a much more limited selection). I go there just to be amazed that such a gun shop exists!

fallingrock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their prices range from a little high to just stupid. Nice place and I haven't really had any problems with service. Last time I was in looking at a handgun I wanted they were actually 200 more. I gladly pay 20 or so more for good service and a good shop but not 200. Heck many of the used guns are priced higher than the same one is new! Do they negotiate or something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom