A very crappy weekend. warning (graphic pics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you survived! I've only had one wreck on a motorcycle and it happened the exact same way. It slammed me into the asphalt really hard but fortunately I was wearing a full face helmet (an open face helmet leaves way too much exposed) and my helmet saved my life. It rang my bell really bad and I was scuffed up quite a bit but I limped away with no major injuries. If I hadn't had a full face helmet I probably wouldn't have survived because of how I hit. It's amazing how hard a relatively low speed accident can slam you into the road.

Love the Dopey tattoo LOL,

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Properly fitted and strapped down?

What a douche nozzle. You got an I hate bikes cop.

I used to see a lot of that riding sportbikes. Had a guy blow a turn in front of me, hit a rock face embankment bike popped up out of the ditch and was 3/4 of the way across the road before it hit the first time, meanwhile he pops up out of the ditch barrel rolling down the road right in front of me while I'm doing everything I can to slow down and not run over him.

Though he was not present to witness the accident the trooper that showed up tried tried to write him for reckless, and speeding 70 in a 45. A couple of us called the trooper on his ******** and all he wound up issuing was an inattentive driving citation, which there was no way he was getting out of since already said he missed the little chicane because he was day dreaming.

Sand and gravel in turns does happen, if you go down just shut up and don't answer any questions about what happened, they can cite you all day long but they have to prove it in court and if they didn't witness it and they don't spend hours doing an accident scene reconstruction then your statements are what they use. I'd take that ticket to court personally it's a chickenshit ticket.

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Properly fitted? Naa, just a large that felt good. I haven't seen the helmet but nephew says it looked like it broke right where it comes together. It was also about 12 years old.

As for the ticket, my wife says he should a wrote one for me being a dumbass. She also told him to write me a ticket every month for a year. So Ill pay it n move on lol. She don't even want me to file a claim, "leave the effing thing at the salvage" ....i told her my wallet was in the fork bag. And she said yes it was and I'm$800 richer.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rode almost 40 years. Decided the wife and I did not bounce anymore. Move on and appreciate the fact your still with us. Still miss riding but not the road rash. Good luck with your recovery.

gnickle

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since I live in Okemah I'm in and out all the time where was this? Glad you are getting better. I just started riding after 30 years off wife is fine says to enjoy myself but youngest daughter calls bike a death trap.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did something similar in February 2008, I slid head first in to a curb though my helmet took that impact. I got lucky and didn't break anything but did get some road rash and chunks taken out by the fins on the motor. I hope you heal up properly and as quick as possible. I still remember tumbling down the road seeing pavement-tree-pavement-tree.

Attachments

• image-762456617.jpg
    image-762456617.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3026756934.jpg
    image-3026756934.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1782472971.jpg
    image-1782472971.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 68

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ride long enough, its not a matter if if you go down, its when. That being said I sold my bike when I got married and had too much to lose.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God bless you, Lurker. I'm so glad that you came through in good spirits and no more injuries than you did.

A co-worker lost her husband last year when his bike slid on a turn. Everyone said it just laid down, but he didn't have a helmet on and was injured enough that he would have forever been on life-support. Since he had always said he wouldn't want that, they had to let him go.

Now, rest up, be nice to the wife, and start making plans for fishing in Colorado. Just heal up so the scars don't scare off the fish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom