Academy boycott

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The employees probably make just above minimum wage. They are kids, bored and haven't the incentive to be customer-oriented.

The gun guys at the Edmond location are a mixed bag -- some are jerks, some are pretty cool.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Wichita yesterday and thought I'd take a gander at the stock of high-demand ammo at the West-side Academy, which was tightly guarded at the customer service counter. THey had quite a stack of .40S&W and 9mm but it was priced way out of range, so I passed. Obviously many others thought so as well since the pile was that large that late in the day.

Speaking of gandering: I did pick up a 250rd brick of Blazer Brass 180gr FMJ 40S&W at Gander Mountain for $99.99+tax.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Experienced some rudeness at the 81st academy yesterday morning. Picked up my weekly ration of 5.56, 7.62x39 and .40. The guy behind the counter act like it was painful to hand me my ammo and that i was wasting his time. Ahwell, what can you do.

Reaction score
Experienced some rudeness at the 81st academy yesterday morning. Picked up my weekly ration of 5.56, 7.62x39 and .40. The guy behind the counter act like it was painful to hand me my ammo and that i was wasting his time. Ahwell, what can you do.

Man, that is terrible. Down here in OKC and Norman, it is a big event every Mon/Wed/Fri. They have a little path that everyone follows around the service desk with all the ammo piled up on the center island. Everyone is happily passing out the extreme limited quantities of ammo. I missed out on the 1000 rd case of .223 by 1 person ahead of me at the s walker store. (I was number 5 in line) :scream: No big bulk .22 today. Just settled for a 100 rd brick of CCI minimags. They had the 325 fed auto-match, but I do not care for those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom