academy has Mossberg® Tactical .22 Autoloader Rifle 219 .99

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A word of caution... they are not suited at all for sling-supported shooting. When they first came out, I thought they would be a great option for an Appleseed LTR... until I actually got hands on one. The plastic shell that encases the action, and which the sights are mounted to, is split down the middle. The front sight post is attached to one of the halves, as is the front sling swivel. When you sling up, it pulls the halves apart and you start to see a big crack of daylight down the middle of the handguard and front sight base. It causes massive POI shifts and extreme inaccuracy. Also the sights do not adjust in clicks -- they are just on a plastic screw with very coarse threads, making precise sight adjustments difficult. They are also not set up very well for optics, since you would have to put the optic on top of the charging handle, making it way too high to get any kind of cheek weld and putting you in an awkward shooting position (which is the reason carry handle sights have fallen out of favor in the AR world). If you're wanting to do Appleseed or any kind of sling-supported shooting, or mount optics, you would be a lot better off with the regular 702 Plinkster.

I think I posted a review on the 702 Tactical on here a couple years ago, when I first messed with one.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one when they first came out. I have had a 702 for many years and loved it. Never had a single issue with it. However when i i picked up the tactical version i had nothing but problems. It didn't want to feed right due to the mags fitting very loose in the mag well and cause a round to jam up and fire out of battery. It damaged the plastic shell. I sent it back to mossberg and all they did was repair mag release and send it back. They didn't open up anything else. Needless to say when it came back i inspected everything and sold it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom