Active shooter, San Beradino, CA - Breaking News Wed 2 Dec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mr. President, do you care to comment on this? Mr. President, Rudy Giuliani is calling you a moron for failing to see that this is terrorism. Do you have a comment, Mr. President?

Meanwhile an encouraging number of Californians are taking reasonable steps to protect themselves:
Around 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Vanessa Nesic, a stay-at-home mom, walked into Get Loaded, a gun shop five miles south of the Inland Regional Center, where 14 people were slain Wednesday in yet another horrific gun attack.

"I want to protect myself," said Nesic, 31. She has a handgun at home, and wanted to talk about modifying it with a lighter trigger. "I don't have that much strength."

Her mother's neighbor, she said, was shot in the rampage, and remained hospitalized. Nesic said she plans to apply for a permit to carry a concealed weapon....
...As anguished voices call for policymakers to do something, anything to rid us of gun violence, the respectful conversations I had at Get Loaded demonstrate why eliminating guns is a nonstarter. For gun enthusiasts, the answer to the kind of tragedy that has become all too commonplace is more guns, not fewer.

"The biggest problem is that it was a gun-free zone," said Get Loaded owner Terry McGuire, 49, a bald, burly guy who looks as though he would be right at home among the many cops and deputies to whom he caters. "You aren't allowed to carry guns into county buildings."

McGuire makes no apology for his business, and unlike other gun shop owners I have encountered after tragedies, was not defensive, angry or wary of a reporter holding a recorder.

"If people are going to kill people, they're going to find a way to do it," McGuire said. "Those people yesterday had bombs. I mean, France probably has the strictest gun laws of any country, and look what happened there."
...Alex Chavez, 39, a Get Loaded customer who lives in Moreno Valley and teaches gun handling and safety to novices, concurred with McGuire. "Let's say that 15 of those people had had guns in that place. Maybe 14 wouldn't have died. Maybe only eight would have died. I tell my wife all the time, 'That ain't going to happen to me.' I am going to give myself a shot to get out of that situation."
I tell my wife all the time, 'That ain't going to happen to me.' I am going to give myself a shot to get out of that situation. - Alex Chavez, gun safety instructor

Everyone in the shop embraced the importance of vigilant efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and others who are unfit to own them.

In California, a state with perhaps the most stringent gun laws in the country, sellers have discretion over who may buy a gun. McGuire adheres strictly to the law — and to his own intuition about whether someone should have a firearm. He said he does not hesitate to turn people away. I found that encouraging.

If McGuire thinks a customer is trying to make a straw purchase — that is, trying to buy a gun for someone else, which is illegal — he will refuse the sale. "People get really mad. But I have a moral and an ethical obligation," he said....
http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-bernardino-guns-20151204-column.html

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if OBammer will admit it was a terrorist attack NOW....?

Good question....

Anyone else find it odd they haven't come out and harped on the KIND of weapons used in this attack? I mean, that's one of the first things they do in these cases, the mainstream media and President, that is. Pointing out that they used "assault weapons" and military-style weaponry, doing all they can to point to these kinds of weapons being used in mass attacks. Does anyone have any info on what specific weapons were used in this attack? I mean, I've heard people mentioning ARs and AKs, but haven't seen any official statements about it. 5.56 ammo was used, I believe, so I'm assuming ARs, but can't figure out why the media isn't harping on it as usual? Maybe because they were illegal in Cali, yet the perpetrators had no problems in obtaining them - maybe because this just goes to show how useless such bans are? I don't know, I'm just spitballing here.

Anyone got specifics that are legit and not just talking-head mumbo-jumbo assumptions and uneducated jargon?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise--Fart, Barf, and Itch admits that it is conducting a terrorist investigation now. Will the Chief Muslim in Office admit the same? Will he blame Islamic extremism, or nasty old guns? The wide world waits with bated breath....

Latest posts

Top Bottom